Interesting concept...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you think the highest incarceration rate in the world is something to be proud of? To me, it looks like failure.

It definitely is a failure, but it's not a failure of the criminal justice system. It's a failure of our society. America is a violent place. We have a huge gang problem and that's where a lot of the crime comes from. But we have an even bigger criminal problem. A lot of the crime in the US can be laid at the feet of the drug industry. People steal to sell the things they steal so they can take that money to buy drugs so they can escape the reality of life as honest people know it.

Do I have a solution? No, but I do support the 'temporary fix' we have and that is to incarcerate those people who have chosen a life wherein they prey on innocent people. While it's not a good solution and doesn't prevent crime, it does prevent the people who are in prison from committing crimes while they are there.

RickB- While I'd love to believe the report, from a person who knows several people that were "boots on the ground" immediately after the devastation of NO, and even more that were there shortly thereafter, providing security, law enforcement and rescue, I'll have to waive the BS flag on some of the information presented by that report and the good Colonel.

OD

I'll have to waive the BS flag on some of the information presented by that report and the good Colonel.

If actual facts do nor match the liberal narrative , to report them undermines the cause.

Not possible with todays media.

IMO a large part of our crime problem stems from the fact that we have created an entitlement society. There is a large segment of our population that "wants it" and they don't want to work for it, and they want it now.......
GFC, this post and your other posts are right on. :thumb:

We can look back to the great depression of the 1930s. Many people were without jobs, without income and without homes. They didn't rob and steal, they made do the best they could, selling apples on the street corner and living in the woods.

The US Governent created work projects and these people swallowed their pride and went to work.

Fast forward to 2014 and these people are not going to lower themselves to manual labor, they would rather steal so they can live the easy life they see on TV.

Locking them up may not be something to be proud of, but it may be the only way to protect the rest of us from their criminal ways.

Do you think the highest incarceration rate in the world is something to be proud of? To me, it looks like failure.

The failure here is that these criminals fail to understand that they are responsible for supporting themselves and acting within the laws of this country. They are the failure.

Every child born in the USA, white, black, brown, yellow or red is offered a free public education through high school. Those who choose not to take advantage of this offer are the ones we end up putting in prison. Without an education and dedication to work, they are unable to find and keep a job that will let them live the life they think they deserve to live. So, they steal or commit other crimes.

Back
Top Bottom