Thread: Greetings!!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
bobfnbw

RE: Greetings!!

Thanks all for the welcome.
FF, that is a consideration. Our first boat, a nor'sea 27 sail, was purchased in Anacortes, Wa and now my wife says all boats we buy must be from Washington! (we used to live in Seattle for a while so we miss it)

Purchasing it prior to retirement is not something I would consider now. With no time and little spare cash for it, it would just sit, and we all know what happens to boats when they sit.
I will be retireing a few years before my wife (snagged me a younger gal I did) so I will have a few years once I am fully available to do any upgrades. Also, my wife is a Nurse teacher, and will be able, we hope to work from anywhere via online teaching around this time.
Of course the best laid plans of mice and men.....
One never knows.
I figure as time moves on, there will be more and more boats available in the market, and prices are pretty sure to drop, considering that price is less as supply goes up.

The Defever is the current boat I am looking into, but will research many over the years. I plan on chartering a few as well to get a better feel for different styles.
Bob
bobfnbw is offline   Reply With Quote