hollywood8118
Guru

City: Port Townsend Washington
Vessel Name: " OTTER "
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander Europa 40
Getting Used to Fear

Quote:
sunchaser wrote:

Right on Marin. The best place for spare parts is indeed that already perfectly running spare engine, and drive train!!

Be ready, somebody is about to chime in with "yeah how about bad fuel though - doesn't help twins?" And more Blah blah blither blather--------------.
Ah... the two vs. one debate!

Docking is one of the rare occasions that two may be better, but I have to point out that my single with a thruster works pretty damn good, My GB36 single was a handfull by comparison ( no thruster and way less volume in the water). In our area, with a fair amount of debris in the water I feel way more comfortable with a protected single and skeg mounted rudder than twins and spade rudders. The likely event of a single quitting while running is less likely that hitting something and being left with no power and steerage.* I also appreciate only having one main to service and to be able to walk around it! ( chime in here Delfin ). I have no issue with the thought of crossing an ocean on one main engine... but the Admiral will require the install of a get home engine to be happy.*

-- Edited by hollywood8118 on Monday 17th of May 2010 09:13:22 PM
hollywood8118 is offline   Reply With Quote