Two Manatees sold on the same day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silentfaith

Hi all,
Yesterday I bought (Velvet) and another wise man bought (Mango Mama)
Both boats were almost the same as far as ship shape although Mama has
a better inside upgrade. Pat and I are excited to get back on the water again in the Bahamas and are happy to join the KK team.
Kindly,Craig&Pat Boorman

Hi all, Yesterday I bought (Velvet) and another wise man bought (Mango Mama) Both boats were almost the same as far as ship shape although Mama has a better inside upgrade. Pat and I are excited to get back on the water again in the Bahamas and are happy to join the KK team. Kindly,Craig&Pat Boorman
Welcome aboard! :thumb:

Congrats on acquiring Velvet. We knew Mango Mama & admired her numerous upgrades. Garry was a fine craftsman, shame he had to let her go.

Sincere congrats on the purchase. It's great to have another Manatee owner aboard here. Two other Manatees exchanged hands this month. Even the one in Hong Kong seems to have moved on. I sent the picture below to Velvet's previous owner during a discussion about pilothouse changes. It was simply a KK Whaleback 48 roof, windows and portuguese bridge affixed to Velvet's pilothouse base.

Attachments

• whalebacked manatee.jpg
    whalebacked manatee.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 982
Both Manatee's are great, had the pleasure of a dinner invite aboard Velvet when she was home ported in Ft Myer's, WOW what a great interior. We had just purchased Hi-D-Ho and where amazed to see what could be done with a Manatee.
For anyone still looking for a Manatee "Sassy" is for sale on yachtworld, the photos and write up sound very nice.

Last edited:
Yes, and I know a couple of people who ended up with Seclusion II, another unadvertised Manatee in Annapolis, whom had been aboard Sassy. They testified that it was definitely worth looking at, ...nice boat.

Just an update, Darcy and I purchased Kadey Krogen Manatee Summertime in December. We will living and cruising full time on her. Currently on west cost of Florida . Will be heading towards Maine starting in March.
Wally and Darcy Campbell

Congrats, you got a good one there. If you travel IH-10 thru TX advise. We live 25 miles NW of SAT.

Just an update, Darcy and I purchased Kadey Krogen Manatee Summertime in December. We will living and cruising full time on her. Currently on west cost of Florida . Will be heading towards Maine starting in March.
Wally and Darcy Campbell

Hey, Wally and Darcy...sincere congrats on Summertime. The Summertime crew (Ray and Linda) are about the most experienced Manatee cruisers out there, and Summertime is a premium example. We've got quite a few Manatees collecting here on the Gulf Coast and it would be great to do some group cruising. Stay in touch.

Congratulations, my wife and I had been looking at both boats on Yachtworld. They are both very nice.

We've got quite a few Manatees collecting here on the Gulf Coast and it would be great to do some group cruising. Stay in touch.

Yeah, and there are many Manatee Zones over there for get togethers:D:facepalm:.

Hi All,,,Just arrived to Velvet's new home port in Stuart fla. She did the 200 miles without issue. Now the work begins, wth inverter, watermaker, sat tv, electronics, tender. I have collected many items for living aboard in the Bahamas. I even have two electric fishing rods, pole spears, tackle for living off the landsea. Photos to follow.
Craig&Pat

Excellent, Craig & Pat. I'm also aboard my own Manatee most weekdays in Stuart. Where are you camped out?

Hi, Larry I think you showed us your boat last year if it is parked off Kanner hwy neat the High School. You were building a place to put your genset. We keep Velvet
in Willoughby Creek at our home. We want to rebuild our bridge just like yours.
Craig

Oh...THAT Craig. Good to know that you've kept at it. We should speak about the rebuilding of the bridge, as you noted. I've made some costly mistakes that you could benefit from. The new hatch is done, the genset is in place, and if I can get back over there, I'll be able to get the project completed. Living in Sarasota is great, but my Admiral's "stuff" and the 3.5 hour drive each way is putting a crimp in my plans. We should do breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom