New Member from Dublin Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damian

Vessel Name
To be decided
Vessel Make
Glen Yukon
Hi. I am about to start building a Glen Yukon trawler yacht. At the moment I am in the process of recovering and refurbishing equipment salvaged from my last boat which was damaged by fire.

I have a Ford Lehman 80 HP engine which is fitted with a Bosch Injector Pump (PES 4A 90) I need an exploded view or manual for this pump and would appreciate info as to where to attach the fuel delivery and return lines.

Many Thanks

Damian

Thanks. You are first to welcome me

Welcome ! Keep us posted with pics of your build.

I will. Right now I am preparing the engine and generator as its frreezing outside so just working in my shop. Hane to make temporary shed and hope to start woodwork end April. Will put up periodic pics as I progress.

Welcome to the forum. That is one heckuva journey you are embarking on. Good luck!

Thanks but its a journey traveled twice before

Welcome aboard. Where will you be keeping the boat once launched.

Let me add my welcome as well, As an adopted lad by adoption parents of Swedish blood and Episcopalian at that, to learn when I found my birth Mother to be 100% Catholic Irish. Developed a Irish brogue at once and "A tip o the hat to ya Laddie!" Or what ever.
Have you simply entered your request into Google straight on? I found the full shop manual and parts manual for our Perkins and to, for my Kubota tractor, found the full shop manual on line. Give it a try.
Regards,
Al Johnson-Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska:flowers::flowers:

Dimer2 requested info on my last two builds. I built my first boat, a canoe at the age of 14. then a 16ft cabin cruiser at 16 then many little boats. I built "Flamingo" pics attached twice starting in 1979 when I was 29 and working in East Africa. this buils was 400 miles from the sea on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro.

It was completed in 1981 and dragged to the coast through the bush (A repeat of the Africa Queen and even in the same country) She was originally planked in plywood sheeted in fiberglass but this turned out to be of inferior grade and I re-planked her hull in solid teak after only 9 months in the water. We then cruised her extensively in the Indian Ocean until we brought her home to Ireland in 1987. A year later we had a fire on board which destroyed the interior and all that was left really was the solid teak hull so I continued the rebuild with new cabins and wheelhouse and laid teak deck, thus completing the second build.

Three years ago some joker berthed beside my decided to try an insurance scam by burning his own boat and totally charred the side of Flamingo. On evaluation I decided that it was more work to repair than to start a new boat and as the weather conditions etc. were not really suitable for sailing I decided to go for a Trawled yacht instead. Sadly we broke up Flamingo to harvest as much as possible from her to use in the new boat.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 90
In Howth Harbour near my home in Ireland

Thanks Al,
I downloaded all the manuals for the Lehman engine and gearbox by googeling but could not find anything on the Bosch pump. I will probably go in person to the bosh people here with a photo and perhaps they can sort me out. I dont want to take the pump off as the engine was running perfectly before it was removed from the boat I bought it from.

You are a talented man and will hopefully be a valuable contributor to the forum. There are several other new builds in progress here. They say everyone is born with a particular talent, yours is apparent, I am still waiting for mine to show itself. :) Thanks for the photos!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom