New Member in Seattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrisg4242

Vessel Make
Californian Navigator 39
Hi - new to this forum. Bought a 39' Californian Navigator in November and enjoying it despite the weather.

Got the summer off work so we can spend quality time with our two young kids.

Planning a 4 week trip to Port Hardy starting early in May so we can appreciate this great area. we won't be rushing.

Probably stop off in Port Townsend, San Juans and Gulf Islands before heading inside Vancouver Island.

Will be seeking plenty of advice on great places to anchor, visit.

Also, we have a 250 gallon fuel tank. Runs efficiently on 2 x 260hp Volvos but will need to fuel by the time we get close to Port Hardy so advice on getting competitively priced diesel would be most welcomed

We love boating already!

Chris

Waggoners cruising guide will address most of your questions. Best fuel stops for price and accessibility I've found along Vancouver Is are Campbell River and Port McNeil.

But most importantly are the cinnamon bun stops in Ladysmith and Sullivan Bay.

Chris- Welcome to the forum! You will find plenty of information from this active group of experienced boaters. Way to go getting out over the winter months! I love the year round boating here in the PNW.
Jim

Welcome! There are tons of places to play around here. Have you taken you kids to Fossil Bay on Sucia Island? They can spend days exploring around there. Spencer Spit on Lopez Island is also a great spot.

When you get up around Bellingham be sure to get in touch. Lettered Streets Coffee is a short walk from the docks and a great cup of coffee.

Bob & Jill

Chris, welcome to the PNW and to TF. You're going to be cruising in some very beautiful scenery, with lots to do, many small towns to visit, etc.

To ease your concerns about availability of and price of fuel, check out this website. Finedge does a weekly survey of the fuel places they're aware of to find out how much they charge, and then post it on this website for our viewing pleasure.

FineEdge.com

Mike

Thank you

Thank you for making me feel most welcome. Lots of great information which I will look into and I'll be sure to share some of our experiences and learnings from our journey.

Thank you!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome! You may want to consider joining a yacht club. Lots of cruises to go on, people to connect with, and for summer-long travels it's hard to beat reciprocal moorages at an average of five dollars a night.

I'm the Vice Commodore of Edmonds Yacht Club. If you want to learn more, email me at rob.meldrum@gmail.com.

Chris:

Welcome.

Not to give away any secrets, but don't forget the south sound too for great weekend cruising.

We love taking a left turn, and watch the dozens of boats heading north. Then we tuck into a marina or anchorage and have lots of space for us. Even in the middle of summer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom