• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

beautiful 44’ Halvorsen MY.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksteps

Vessel Name
Sandsation
Vessel Make
Halvorsen 44
Hi Guys.
Where do I start?
I am the owner of Sandsation, our beautiful 44’ Halvorsen MY., and have been the owner since importing her from Ft. Lauderdale in 2007.

The original owner, Joe Plasky, lived in a canal front apartment at Lighthouse Point and had been suffering from recurring bouts of cancer for some 9 years prior to finally deciding to sell his boat. As a result, it had very low hours on the twin Cat 3208s.

On beginning the restoration, we found that the hull had been patched and painted over the years, so decided to begin with a full peel and rebuild, a process which took 9 months on the hard and was done by one of WA’s most recognized boatbuilders under the direct supervision of another boatbuilder/ marine surveyor. We have all documentation including layups and vinylester batch numbers along with an extensive photo record and completion survey report. 8mm was removed and replaced with 9mm plus an additional 9mm over the overlaps and keel.

The chines were also reinforced and all through hull fittings replaced with new at this time. An International Epoxy barrier coat was used prior prior to undercoat (keycoat) and antifoul. The bottom, 6 years on, is perfect.

Since then, we have replaced all covers and upholstery, replaced and refinished any damaged woodwork, tiled the heads, restored cabinetry, installed an engineroom fire system, new control cables, new tender and o/b etc. etc.

We have also installed a 3.6kva reduction transformer which will run all electrical systems from shore power. 2x240v double outlets were also installed, one in the salon, one in the galley. These are direct from the shorepower input. The boat has a full compliment of 120v appliances including space heater, breadmaker, kettle and toaster.

The 8kva Westerbeke is switchable to 240v if required, but that would necessitate a new stove, water heater etc.

We have never recommissioned the a/c units as we live in Perth and you would have to be very soft to require air conditioning this far South and this is way down on the list.

I have had boats all my life, my last three being a 48’ Northshore (single 8v92 Detroit), a 64’ Fibrehulls (2x12v71Ti Detroits) and a 50’ Roberts Ketch (120hp Ford Leaman) and can say that in my opinion this Halvorsen is a better boat.

In terms of qualifications, I hold a Master Class 5 commercial ticket along with a MED Grade 2. I am not, however, a heavy machinery mechanic and therefore have a recognised Perth mechanic conduct all maintenance on the engines. He has worked on my boats for about 14 years and is more than happy to speak with the buyer.

I have extensive files which cover the costs and maintenance to date (over $400,000 spent) and these are available to any genuine purchaser. Fuel calcs show a cruising range of approx 2000km.

We have also had, in the past week, an independent out of water survey conducted for our Insurance Company, Club Marine. Sandsation passed with flying colours.

Reason for selling? We have been asking less than 1/3 the costs thus far as we started a business some 8 years ago and this has grown from being a part time project to being all-consuming, including weekends. As a result, we have been unable to work on or use our gorgeous boat for over two years and anticipate at least another three before we can resume a “normal” life. We priced her below market in order to encourage a rapid sale.
Yes, the paintwork is tired and yes, she could do with a tidy up, but the asking price more than reflects that. She is mechanically and structurally sound.

We have, however, found that because she is priced at about 50% less than any other 44 Halvorsen we have been getting crazy offers to swap for old busses, park homes in outback Qld, older smaller boats, an old RR or to swap for “Barter Dollars”, whatever those are. These proposals, of course, value the items of trade at about 200% to 500% above market.
I hope that this answers some questions, comments or opinions voiced.
Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
A broker in Western Australia has this boat listed at 225K AUD. You can read discussion about the boat in the Halvorsen section. I`ve seen one of these, they are handsome boats.

Not mine!

Hi Members.
The Halvorsen listed at $225k AUD is not mine. That is the three cabin version with the small salon.
Mine is now privately listed at $155k AUD and is the single master cabin version with a large salon, galley and dinette.
Cheers

Steve, as you may be within price range, it could help if you post some pics.

Nice boat! If it had lehman 120s it would be even nicer.

Very nice looking boat, and it appears very well priced to sell. I am sure a quick sale is forthcoming.

Bruce, you beat me to it. I am reading the OP write up thinking where are the pics....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom