Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not hard to do the right thing, just takes a little effort. Good on these guys for sure.

Since I am not doing anything but staying warm inside today, it was time to add to the threads interesting boat pictures Here is an old lake Erie fishing boat one they welded shut making a floating basement. Since i have never seen it out I wonder if they are growing something in that basement

Attachments

• 100_1228.JPG
    100_1228.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 124
Heres one of a group of I think Nordic tug trawlers running north to Lake Huron - first time I had seen one for real

Attachments

• 100_2668.JPG
    100_2668.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 152
Here is one I cannot identify heading into Lake St Clair

Attachments

• 100_2763.JPG
    100_2763.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 118
Since I can't figure out blow boats I do not know this one either but it is interesting

Attachments

• 100_2748.jpg
    100_2748.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 176
Now this refurbished pretty little tug someone put a lot of work into but again I dunno the brand

Attachments

• 100_2713.JPG
    100_2713.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 175
And this of course is my next boat

Attachments

• 100_2705.JPG
    100_2705.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 131
And this of course is my next boat

Lady Janet
can be yours for something under $27 million. Let me know if you are intereted, I will have a broker contact you.

And how about a couple more pictures of Anja. She came into Carrabelle a couple mornings ago -- VHF had a bad forecast (she'd been anchored outside)

I'd have loved to gotten a tour but the weather has been not so good... rainy, damp and windy too.

Anja2.jpg

Most all boats look better w/o the FB.

Kailary is a very very nice tug IMO. No clutterous junk and no bow rails or FB. Nice bright colors and a nicely crowned wheelhouse roof. No bow pulpit or anchor either. In a year or two she may have all that crap but now but now she's like a virgin girl that hasn't even been to the hair salon yet.

Last edited:
Janice - I just checked the date on the first pic. They were headed north to Lake Huron on august 19th and here they are now thousands of miles away - great fun how this forum works
Anja2.jpg

Anja has a stout mast and looks secure/safe. She's a beauty for certain. Their anchor comes out just above the waterline at the bow... all handled from the pilothouse. Nice set-up for certain. His name is Fokke and I must have heard hers wrong because I thought he said "Lloyd" -- it was raining and I don't hear well so I'm guessing that is wrong.

I took a couple other pictures:

http://janice142.com/images/Anja.jpg

and http://janice142.com/images/Anja3.jpg

They have come a long way. Good for them!

Great video. ..and what they're. doing for these guys is something I had hoped to.offer with our Manatee, but a cat is the way to go for wheelchair lifts in vessels under 45'.

Now this here is interestin'....

Attachments

• Feb Race 005.jpg
    Feb Race 005.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 147
Now this refurbished pretty little tug someone put a lot of work into but again I dunno the brand

Thats not refurbished. Its new build. The owner built it himself in his yard.

Now this here is interestin'....

Please tell me that this is a result of Larry's (healhustler) photoshop work after experimenting with the mushrooms....

Most all boats look better w/o the FB.

Kailary is a very very nice tug IMO. No clutterous junk and no bow rails or FB. Nice bright colors and a nicely crowned wheelhouse roof. No bow pulpit or anchor either. In a year or two she may have all that crap but now but now she's like a virgin girl that hasn't even been to the hair salon yet.

Hey, Eric, we agree on that, even tho my boat has one. I could do without it easily. Here is my all time favourite best-looking boat.
http://www.alaskamotoryachts.com.au/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/02-profile1.jpg

Hey Healhustler, if you are looking on...what would Lotus look like sans flybridge...? We already have her with wannabe front windows…

Attachments

• Image042.jpg
    Image042.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 144
  • CHBraked_zps8723846b.jpg
    CHBraked_zps8723846b.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
It moves a little off topic but for the previous posters on boating with veterans here is a link which is actively operating in the St Clair area. I remember it because I participated last year. Imagine that a Canadian!

Home - boat4vets.com

Featured in this month's Log newspaper as a SoCal Classic, "Tonina." Built in Santa Barbara, by the Lindwall Boat Works in1964, and designed by Art Defever. "The boat is built out of heavy scantlings and is entirely fastened with Monel. Every bolt, nut, washer, and nail- everything is Monel."

Attachments

• Tonina 001 (1280x960).jpg
    Tonina 001 (1280x960).jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 171
Hey Healhustler, if you are looking on...what would Lotus look like sans flybridge...? We already have her with wannabe front windows…

Fun to play with, Pete, but she sure looked naked without anything up there....had to mount the proper equipment. Here's standard and wannabe versions. Sans fly-bridge also need a visor.

Attachments

• sans fly 2 visor wannabe equip.jpg
    sans fly 2 visor wannabe equip.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 139
  • sans fly 2 visor.jpg
    sans fly 2 visor.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Peter that all time looker boat of yours is a real beauty even though it has a pair of those slab like overhanging roof supports. Would be prettier w/o the ports on the side of the hull too. Breaks up the long lines on the hull sides.

The PS w/o FB pic of Lotus would look better from another angle I suspect.

Even though I'm anti-fly Bridge I think Lotus looks odd w/o. Perhaps a railing in-between the antennas or even a smaller FB? Very small.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Eric...looks odd. Perhaps a tiara style roof line (similar to how Tonina looks above) might suit it better, but I like the boat better with the FB than without.

Janice - I just checked the date on the first pic. They were headed north to Lake Huron on august 19th and here they are now thousands of miles away - great fun how this forum works
Anja2.jpg

I just returned from dinner aboard Anja and Lori (the better half) is a great cook. Fokke and she are quite a duo. I had fun, as did Skipper.

The best part though was your picture bobsyiruncle. They didn't have one of her under sail and now, thanks to TrawlerForum and your post, they do. Yours will be the new boat card.

Thanks -- and yes, the boat is every bit as interesting inside as out. I've got lots of pictures and will be doing an article (most likely two or three) about the boat. Fokke built her.

Fun to play with, Pete, but she sure looked naked without anything up there....had to mount the proper equipment. Here's standard and wannabe versions. Sans fly-bridge also need a visor.
Needs a stack!:D

Peter that all time looker boat of yours is a real beauty even though it has a pair of those slab like overhanging roof supports. Would be prettier w/o the ports on the side of the hull too. Breaks up the long lines on the hull sides.

The PS w/o FB pic of Lotus would look better from another angle I suspect.

Even though I'm anti-fly Bridge I think Lotus looks odd w/o. Perhaps a railing in-between the antennas or even a smaller FB? Very small.

And Healhustler said…

I have to agree with Eric...looks odd. Perhaps a tiara style roof line (similar to how Tonina looks above) might suit it better, but I like the boat better with the FB than without.

Well, there yah go. Both the anti-flybridge guru, Eric..and the guy who took it off..(Thanks Heals)…agree she, being Lotus, (not the wife), looks better with her flybridge on. Thank you umpire…thank you ball-boys…game set and match..!

Actually, Eric, mate…do you need your glasses specs re-spec'd so to speak. There are no ports along her hull, (scuppers yes, but no ports), and no, how did you describe it…"pair of those slab like overhanging roof supports". The only supports to the flybridge canvas extensions are those in each stern corner and they are the same stainless tubing the frame is made of. I think you are mistaking the actual window frames as "those slab like overhanging roof supports"...

Actually Heals…I think she would look not too bad without the flybridge if the radar/antennae/spotlight frame was more for'd, and with a low fairing around the front of the bridge deck. What does appeal in the non F/B style is all that lovely flattish surface for mounting solar panels etc. Also, how would she look with powered crane and dinghy up there towards the stern, with dinghy in line fore & aft, rather than across the beam. That could work perhaps..?

PS, strangely, without the flybridge, I actually thing the version with the wannabe windows looks the best, don't you think.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom