A book cruisers may be interested in.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
I ordered the 3rd book in this series a few days ago. I 1st ran across this couple several years ago when they made some post on the old Bayliner Owners Club forum. They had a travel blog I followed because they were doing long distance cruising in a 3870 Bayliner like mine, actually at 1st we still had our 3270. I have no interest other than being a envious reader, if your interested it's available at Amazon. The captains log Diamond Lil does the Rio Dulce

image-1717794884.jpg

Wish it was available for Kindle. Just purchased their Bahamas and Great Loop books for Kindle.

Wish it was available for Kindle. Just purchased their Bahamas and Great Loop books for Kindle.
It's on Kindle now $8.78, since we got about 12" of snow yesterday I've started reading it, thumbs-up so far.

If you are interested in the Rio Dulce there is a cruisers website riodulcechisme.com - Home chisme means gossip in Spanish
Thanks I've seen that before, I was mostly impressed in the amount of cruising they've done in a 3870 Bayliner, same boat I own, that is why I started reading her blog & then the books. I'll stick to the freshwater in this country, with maybe a trip to the gulf, should be there now the way this winter has been.

Hi there, My third book is now available on kindle. It took a little longer than the paperback version. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for your support.
Melanie

I'd buy all three of your books if I could get them on Ibooks. Are they available?

BTW, I think this is FANTASTIC.

What you are doing is proof positive of what I've been saying all along.

Boating adventures are not about having a certain boat, its about having the fortitude, and the time to explore.

I don't know anything about Ibooks. I'll look into it. I am hoping that as many people as possible have access to my books.

I used the kindle app and bought the first book, the loop one last night.

Very good reading,

I like that its not all peaches and cream. You write about the good and the bad in a way that makes me feel for what you're going through at the time.

Thank you, Kevin. I'm am very happy to hear that you are enjoying the first book!
Melanie

Melanie, Glad to have you aboard. Maybe you could fill us in on what prompted you to start the book series. Will there be more books in the future? (Not soliciting an ad, just like to hear the story behind it.)

Hi Al,
When I retired and began cruising, I wrote several magazine articles for different boating publications such as PassageMaker, Lats and Atts, Power Boating Canada and Living Aboard magazines. A six-part series in Power Boating Canada magazine, called The Captain's Log - Diamond Lil Does the Loop was successful. Several readers suggested a book on the same subject. Since I always kept a detailed log, I was able to write the book. At some point while writing the first book, I decided to write two more. I have begun a third book called Diamond Lil Does Roatan - Sticky Harbours. We found our little piece of paradise there and have been there for the last few years, meeting all kinds of interesting characters. The hardest thing about self publishing is advertising, so I am just trying to spread the word, so that others, cruising or not, can enjoy our experiences on the water.

Hi there, My third book is now available on kindle. It took a little longer than the paperback version. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for your support.
Melanie

Hi Melanie. I hope that time allows you to adapt some of your earlier books to an e-format, either Kindle or Nook. Like most liveaboards who enjoy reading, I have made the switch to mostly e-books to save on clutter inside my boat. It's also nice to be able to read a new e-book as soon as you decide to buy it, rather than waiting for a paper-based book to find it's way to my mailbox at the marina. Keep up the good work.

All three books in the Diamond Lil series are available in kindle format. Being boaters ourselves and living in remote locations, we use our kindle readers too. Thanks for writing.

All three books in the Diamond Lil series are available in kindle format. Being boaters ourselves and living in remote locations, we use our kindle readers too. Thanks for writing.
When I look at the details for your Great Loop book inside amazon.com, they are currently only showing a paperback edition. For your other two books, they are showing Kindle editions. How do I get a Kindle version of your Great Loop book?

Probably only a small subset of people will care about this, but not much effort to post it. :)

If you have a Kindle, and if you are a member of Amazon Prime, the third book in the series (the one about Rio Dulce) is in the amazon lending library and can be borrowed free by Prime members. I did so, because I wanted to check it out and see if I wanted to pay to read the other two.

Back
Top Bottom