Naming Your Boat is Serious Stuff!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's my take. Cutsie names can be fun to read while passing by, but would drive me nuts hailing a bridge.

Can you imagine hailing a bridge, the CG, or even another vessel with this name?
KJ

1429-albums131-picture1114.jpg

Seen some goofy names out here. Before naming your boat..You should pick up you radio mike and pretend to hail another ship or pretend to you are calling for assiatance speak loudly (don't key the mike) "Any vessel, Any vessel, Any vessel, (insert vessel name) requests radio check"...etc. How does your cute or clever name sound out loud for others to hear???

1st boat name I recall was Roaring Chicken. No point just a fact.

Favorite boat name I could relate to in my early boating days: Waiting on Linda

Favorite boat name considering the owner: Pond Scum

The boat name after a bitter divorce necessitates renaming from the ex-wife is applied with a one line out of the previous name and adding the new name: Seward.

I will take credit for the last two. The last one needs the quoted post applied in case missed it.:angel:

I remember in Biloxi many years ago when some guy got divorced and she got the house and he got the boat. He had originally named the boat after her name "Ruth".
It was a simple fix. The new name became "Ruthless"

There was once a fella on Lake Erie who's boat was called "Are Souls" first couple of times you heard him being hailed was quite comical. Then I met him. Turned out it was rather appropriate.

Why should this unique boat have such a common name as Polaris, spotted today in Carquinez Strait?
img_212783_0_5dd465f9cec4f9a03d4dbb56ddcb9bd3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom