Shintullah update/bottom treatment question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mate, what a fantastic project and you have done a fantastic job in bringing a terrific boat back to life.
Cheers
Benn

Ok, here is a link that should work on phones.

Ok, here is a link that should work on phones.
[/QUOTE

Thumbs up on the IOS formatting but more importantly great job on the work done so far! Nice! Love the color choice.

The bottom paint is copper based, Amercoat.
My coatings were from Devoe Coatings, now International, and were basically what was commonly used on tugs, fishboats, etc. The yard I had it done at, alas now gone, knew what they were about as they did lots of commercial stuff also. I was peanuts although they didn't treat me as such.

At home I have the actual product names although that may now be of not much help as names and product formulations change. The zinc coat was Devoe Cathacote if memory serves., can't remember the epoxy and the bottom paint was Amercoat ABC

+1 on the Devoe products although I prefer their hard anti-fouling.

Well.... I'm now approaching two years on this "paint job"... the last few months have been brutal, long story short the yard had a manger change late December 2013... they did some work in Jan and a bit in Feb then stopped... I talked with the owner of the yard he said "the manager is working it".... my last conversation with the manager was F-you no F-you I'm calling my lawyer"... tempers calmed down and I'm dealing only with the owner now.... I think we are making slow progress... we are so close... I just want my boat back....

Sorry for your trouble. Also sorry we couldn't meet up for lunch/dinner at Lackland in February, it was a whirlwind for us to say the least.

Good luck on the boat :thumb::thumb:

back in the water

Attachments

• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 97

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom