Time Stopped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janice142

Guru
Vessel Name
Seaweed
Vessel Make
Schucker mini-trawler
Often we speak of making out boats better, improvements and upgrades. But there is a time to go too. This article might be best read over a cup of coffee as you consider your choices.

Janice142 article Time Stopped

Dammit Janice!

That was an awesome tribute, but sad, so very sad, in it's own way.
We all know a "Bob." Some of are "Bob", like my dad in his own way... :(

Sure makes one think...again.

Thanks lady for a very enlightening memorial to a guy I've never met, but feel like I know.

OD

Very nice tribute Janice.Am sorry for your loss.May you take comfort knowing he at least enjoyed the years recreational sailing and dreaming, if not actually making the planned voyage.

What a wonderful tribute to a good friend, Janice. We all wish we could do what we love until the end on this earth. Sounds like Bob's wish came true.

Carpe Diem!

Janice, your message is very clear, and very applicable, thanks for presenting it during this difficult time.

We all need to make dreams and actually do them.

We all have this one life to live, and we need to live it. Live our dreams.

The saddest thing I can think of is an unrealized dream.

What a wonderful tribute to a good friend, Janice. We all wish we could do what we love until the end on this earth. Sounds like Bob's wish came true.

That's true. Bob would have been devastated to end up in an old folks prison (aka nursing home) so I'm taking comfort in knowing that until that last week he was aboard a boat. And he didn't linger.

I'm sure going to miss him though.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. When I wrote the piece originally Bob was off the respirator and on the road to recovery. I was sure hoping for a better outcome.

Janice, so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Family is close, but losing a close friend leaves another kind of hurt. Over a lifetime we will have only a few friends that are allowed into the closest of personal relationships. You just know when that type of relationship exists. You can reveal you most personal thoughts without fear of judgement. You know that whatever happens you can depend on each other to share joy or hurt. That type of loss is a tough one. Bless you in your sorrow, and Bob's soul as he travels beyond our reach.

Thanks, Janice. Your article made Bob's ripples in the pond of life extend further than if you hadn't shared his and your story. Touching, and provokes the thought; It is better to have dreamt and lost, than to never have dreamt at all...

That's true. Bob would have been devastated to end up in an old folks prison (aka nursing home) so I'm taking comfort in knowing that until that last week he was aboard a boat. And he didn't linger.

I'm sure going to miss him though.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. When I wrote the piece originally Bob was off the respirator and on the road to recovery. I was sure hoping for a better outcome.

Janice,

I know you're going to miss him, but be thankful for the time you had with Bob, and the opportunity you had to meet and get to know him. It's a rare person that influences our lives in such a way.

He's definitely better to have lived out his last days aboard, than in a home.

Janice, so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Family is close, but losing a close friend leaves another kind of hurt. Over a lifetime we will have only a few friends that are allowed into the closest of personal relationships. You just know when that type of relationship exists. You can reveal you most personal thoughts without fear of judgement. You know that whatever happens you can depend on each other to share joy or hurt. That type of loss is a tough one. Bless you in your sorrow, and Bob's soul as he travels beyond our reach.

You are so right.

Bob was a character and lots of fun. But goodness gracious: do all old sailors have to have white hair and a beard? There must be an old salt rule that if you live on a sailboat you stop shaving your face.

Power boaters seemingly have better mirrors along with razors that they use. What a concept! Keep looking good fellas.

Bob was a character and lots of fun. But goodness gracious: do all old sailors have to have white hair and a beard? There must be an old salt rule that if you live on a sailboat you stop shaving your face.

Power boaters seemingly have better mirrors along with razors that they use. What a concept! Keep looking good fellas.

:rofl: I figured it was something about always being exposed to the salt and the elements:D

My sailor friends are always concerned about wasting electrons on unnecessary tasks. You should have seen the look on my buddy's face when I asked for an outlet for my electric razor! They seem to thrive in the camping environment.

To powerboaters, we're roughing it if we don't have an ice maker! (I'm currently beardless but roughing it!)

My sailor friends are always concerned about wasting electrons on unnecessary tasks. You should have seen the look on my buddy's face when I asked for an outlet for my electric razor! They seem to thrive in the camping environment. To powerboaters, we're roughing it if we don't have an ice maker! (I'm currently beardless but roughing it!)
I may have a beard but my ice maker is working just fine. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom