• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: **SOLD** Skinny Dippin' Is For Sale! (35' Senator Sundeck)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom.B

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 4200 Classic
[FONT=&quot]***Skinny Dippin' has SOLD!***

Yachtworld listing: 1986 Senator Futura 35 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Stats[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Price: $78,900[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Make: Senator/J.R. Yachts (importer)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Model: Futura Sundeck[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Length: 35’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Beam: 12’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Draft: 4’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bridge Clearance: 16.5’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No. of Engines: 1 (Perkins 6.354, 135hp) 2500 hrs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cruise Speed: 7-8kt [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fuel: Diesel (1.5-2.0 gph burn rate)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fuel Capacity: 300 gal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Water Capacity: 150 gal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Holding Tank: 30g[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Location: New Bern, North Carolina[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It is with great excitement that we would like to announce that Skinny Dippin’ is officially on the market!! The first step in buying our second boat is selling the first boat. With that being said, if you, or anyone you know is currently in the market for a well-kept extremely economical Sundeck Trawler w/ Single Diesel Perkins 135hp with stern thruster, let us know. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This is the perfect size for a cruising couple or a single-handler. With a single stateroom (galley V-berth does convert to sleeper, but is not a private stateroom), single head with large shower, large salon and galley down configuration, she offers a lot of space for a boat her size. In addition, without too many systems to leave you stranded, it makes her also a very good boat for people new to owning a larger-format vessel. With a full keel, the prop is well protected. Perfect for the inland waterways and the shallow areas of the Bahamas. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Skinny Dippin’ has taken us from Manteo NC to Georgetown SC and all ports in between. Coastal cruising or doing The Great Loop, Skinny Dippin’ is ready and willing to go. Our 2009 survey listed her as above average. Since then, we have taken great care keeping her up while adding a lot of useful and needed updates and upgrades.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have operator and owner’s manuals for practically every piece of gear onboard. This also includes the engine’s owner’s guide, maintenance manual, and a full parts list. All of this documentation is printed and sorted and organized in binders. We will also include the maintenance log book that records all major (and much of the minor) work done back through the previous owner AND the original blueprints from the Taiwanese boatyard that built her. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This boat this very well-kept will not last long on the market! We are happy to show you the boat at your convenience during any upcoming weekend. She is conveniently located at the New Bern Grande Marina at the Doubletree Hilton in New Bern, NC.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Notable upgrades include
A complete upgrade of fuel management system (including a fuel scrubbing circuit).
A complete system rebuild of the DC charging and DC management system (new 50A charger, Duo charger, battery switches, Victron gauge, and new cabling, fusing, and lugs).
Complete refit of raw water straining and pumping for anchor wash-down system and AC cooling circuit.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]New Si-Tex SP-70 auto pilot (2013)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2000W Inverter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New bimini and surround, window canvas and sunshades[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Livingston 10' hard dinghy w/9 hp Nissan outboard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New Norcold refrigerator [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New glass-top stove
Completely new windshield wiper system 2-speed motors w/articulating arms and 22" blades
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New 12 inch memory foam mattress [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New curtains and cushions inside and out[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Regular bottom paint and diver cleaning schedule[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Regular annual maintenance including all engine fluids and filter changes, regular fresh water tank cleanings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fuel Tanks hand cleaned in 2012[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Other key Features[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Standard Horizon CP390i 7” chartplotter (2012)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Garmin GPS (x2 upper/lower helm)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ritchie Compass[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2xVHF Radios[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.5 kw Nextgen generator[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lewmar windless (rebuilt 2012)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Anchor washdown[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3xAnchors (CQR, w/180’ Chain + 100’ rode, Danforth w/100’ rode, Kedge (storm) w/100’ Chain)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Reverse cycle HVAC (recently serviced)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4x6v deep cycle golf cart batteries (2012)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Group 31 starter battery (2012)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 Gallon hot water heater[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 stage fresh water filtration[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The previous owner has re-cores all the forward and side decks with dense foam. It replaced the little 3x3 plywood squares. [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

For all full-size pictures, go to:
Skinny Dippin' For Sale - a set on Flickr

Please feel free to contact us with any questions!! Showings by appointment only.

Please contact us:
Tom and Bess Beaty
skinnydippincary@aol.com
(or PM Bess or myself for more contact info)

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Greetings,
Whaaa??????? You're selling? Sort of begs the question. What are you looking for next? The game is afoot....
Folks, I've seen and been on board Skinny Dippin'. She's most very definitely worth a look.

So then, you took the plunge. My fingers are crossed that you get a quick sale for the price you want to someone who will appreciate her the way that you and Bess have.

Greetings,
Whaaa??????? You're selling? Sort of begs the question. What are you looking for next? The game is afoot....
Folks, I've seen and been on board Skinny Dippin'. She's most very definitely worth a look.

Thanks for the props. We will probably be back in the market eventually, but right now, we have to work on the sale. Future plans aren't set yet. We just know that before even considering a larger, faster boat, Skinny Dippin' needs selling.

I can also vouch for Skinny Dippin'. Having been aboard and seeing Tom and Bess work on it over 3 years.

Tom and Bess are both expert and deeply enthusiastic about knowing their boat, and adding skills. Also, and perhaps more importantly, they know when to halt and call in the professionals. Skinny Dippin' is without a doubt, a turn-key boat. Go look at sparkling bilges in Trawlerfest, then look at the same in Skinny Dippin' and there's not much difference. They have been absolutely meticulous and diligent in working on their boat over the years.

I am only sad that once they sell her, I won't be able to pick up free maintenance tips as easily or frequently. :cry:

Thanks for the props. We will probably be back in the market eventually, but right now, we have to work on the sale. Future plans aren't set yet. We just know that before even considering a larger, faster boat, Skinny Dippin' needs selling.

Surely, she would be easy to trade in against your next boat. All brokers I know can afford to make the deal work out of their own pocket, especially at this price point. You also would benefit by only being liable for the tax difference between your boats value and the next boat. Then there's the time factor of immediately.

I am only sad that once they sell her, I won't be able to pick up free maintenance tips as easily or frequently. :cry:

Not true at all. We're going to need something to tinker with while we shop....might as well be Sand Castle. :thumb:

Not true at all. We're going to need something to tinker with while we shop....might as well be Sand Castle. :thumb:

Bring it, Bess! I still need the coaching! I can show you the ways of the Lehman! Plus, we can take y'all shopping by water...

Made a format change to the listing just to highlight the stats a little more. Added a few new things too.

Made a format change to the listing just to highlight the stats a little more. Added a few new things too.

Great looking boat. and it sure seems well maintained. Are the tanks original?

I like it but the single cabin kills it for me since we seem to think we are going to take the entire neighborhood cruising with us. But seriously, we have two boys and they need to sleep somewhere....

Good luck on the sale !

I like it but the single cabin kills it for me since we seem to think we are going to take the entire neighborhood cruising with us. But seriously, we have two boys and they need to sleep somewhere....

Good luck on the sale !

Sure... You're not exactly the target buyer. :) This boat is perfect for a couple with maybe one child (or grand kid). There IS a full v-berth, but no head up there or you could also add a sleeper-sofa in the salon. It would be fine as a weekend boat for you if you did that.

Skinny Dippin has what I consider a huge aft cabin and head for a boat the same size as mine. Engine spaces are comparatively larger than my Marine Trader. Cable runs are easily accessed.

Tom is WAY more the maintenance master and junkie than I am. I think I am average, but Tom is obsessive about it. We both cruised out of the same marinas, but while I was keeping my spouse and kids occupied with cruising, Tom and Bess were rebuilding fresh water systems, polishing the hull, installing new canvas, purging fuel systems, rebuilding throttle controls, installing autopilot, and so on. I'd come to Tom with questions because he is always working on the next thing and learning.

I swear, I am not getting a kickback except for maintenance tips and booze I can bum, but Tom and Bess are passionate about the working and maintenance end of cruising. Skinny Dippin has been well-loved. When they sell her, I am offering my boat to him to satisfy Toms addiction to intense maintenance.

Apologies for the gushing.

Yes. Both the fuel tanks and water tanks are original, have access ports and have been hand cleaned. The water tanks were cleaned once a year. The holding tank was replaced by PO in the 2005-2008 time frame.

We did forget to add a MAJOR feature to this:

The previous owner has re-cores all the forward and side decks with dense foam. It replaced the little 3x3 plywood squares.

Tom Bess - I've enjoyed your posts! Absolute Best Luck!! :thumb: - Art

yep...probably can TRAWL faster than 6 knots...:D

Attachments

• imagesG7E1ZGLL.jpg
    imagesG7E1ZGLL.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,164
Tom, why are you advertising as a single s/r? Doesn't the V-berth count?

Tom, why are you advertising as a single s/r? Doesn't the V-berth count?

Hi Al!! That is a very good point, the v-berth does indeed convert to a berth for kids or small adults. But since it's not truly a private stateroom we have a hard time calling it such. We didn't use the triangle table but it will be conveyed to the new owners along with the triangle cushions. :thumb:

That mean our Tolly and we should leave TF?? :confused: :eek:

Please - Don't answer that question! :dance:

Dude! If we bought a 44' Sea Ray Sedan Bridge we would stay on this forum! (don't read too much into that) :D

Last edited:
Dude! If we bought a 44' Sea Ray Sedan Bridge we would stay on this forum! (don't read too much into that) :D

What's going to happen is this:

1. You sell SD
2. You will whine about missing cruising so much.
3. You will go to every boat show and Trawlerfest there is and,
4. You'll be back in a Europa style within 9 months, having realized fast boats are THIRSTY!

What's going to happen is this:

1. You sell SD
2. You will whine about missing cruising so much.
3. You will go to every boat show and Trawlerfest there is and,
4. You'll be back in a Europa style within 9 months, having realized fast boats are THIRSTY!

Perhaps, but we'll have all our work done on the homestead, we'll have some of our old friends back, and we'll be able to buy a newer/bigger/faster (whatever... even a slow boat) with cash and have a much better idea what to look for and what we want moving forward.

Hi All!! Wanted to remind everyone that Skinny Dippin' is available for purchase. We are about to list with a broker so the opportunity to buy direct is getting smaller! We also just brought home a new boat dog! The time to buy without the bonus doghair is now! :D

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!! We have loved this boat for 5 years and it shows!

Dog on hold until boat sells. :-(

Engine hours added to listing. 2460 w/oil and coolant change anually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom