Man this forum ROCKS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
I just want to take a quick minute to let everyone know that reads this that this forum rocks. (I'd say I love it, but that's not really manly is it?) People are willing to share a common interest. Lots of knowledge shared daily, multiple times a day, differences of opinions, feedback within minutes of a question being asked. This is truly an active group of enthusiast. I belong to another group (several actually) but none quite a good as the trawler forum. A real asset if I don't say so. So let me take this minute to say,
Thank You! :socool:

I say the same thing every day!

I have to agree:thumb::thumb:

The people here are great, the info top flight, and the debates are lively but civil:dance:

Thanks to the forum developers:thumb:

OD

Greetings,

tumblr_inline_mn8z9o95Kb1qz4rgp.gif

And they are very patient and not too mean to newbs!

I agree! Kudos to all the regular posters for sharing their knowledge and views. :thumb:

However, prior to joining this forum.....I was happy.

Happy that I had a FD hull....now waiting on Eric to let me know what I have.

Happy that I had anchoring covered with the two I have onboard....just to find out I am at least 3 short for a good nights sleep.

Happy in thinking a flybridge was a good thing....

Happy with a single diesel and no "get home" propulsion system....

Happy with a generator and no solar/wind backup....

Happy, even though I didn't have a canon....

Now after several months on this forum, guess what....I am still happy (and a lot more knowledgeable) ! :)

I agree! Kudos to all the regular posters for sharing their knowledge and views. :thumb:

Happy that I had anchoring covered with the two I have onboard....just to find out I am at least 3 short for a good nights sleep.

Now after several months on this forum, guess what....I am still happy (and a lot more knowledgeable) ! :)

Exactly the right attitude to survive any forum...:thumb:

Exactly the right attitude to survive any forum...:thumb:

You know in reading this and reflecting on this forum, I too, have to agree that while I am on other cruising forums, this one is really active and useful.

During my teaching days, The State University of NY ran a list serve for each of the sciences. I was a member of three: Earth Science, Physics and Biology.

There would be roughly 10 to 20 posts a day on the Earth Science LS, a few a day on biology and a few a week on the Physics. I always attributed that to the Physics teachers at least feeling they knew everything already.

In any case, just like this forum, I found the postings so valuable, with the same wide range of opinions on doing just about anything.

Now, I biding my time til the Miami Boat Show.:popcorn:

I always attributed that to the Physics teachers at least feeling they knew everything already..:popcorn:

I thought that ChemThermo profs knew it all. Shows what I know!

I don't even have a boat (yet), and I really like this forum. You can become fairly knowledgeable, learn all the strengths and weaknesses of various cruising boats, live and cruise vicariously through the videos and pictures, stories of passages far and wide...
It's great!

Dimer-FD/SD who cares? Anchors? Pick one. Get home? That assumes one wants to get home. But no cannon? That is disappointing!

Dimer-FD/SD who cares? Anchors? Pick one. Get home? That assumes one wants to get home. But no cannon? That is disappointing!

and quite a few nice photos to show it off too!!!:D

I just want to take a quick minute to let everyone know that reads this that this forum rocks. A real asset if I don't say so. So let me take this minute to say,
Thank You! :socool:

BINGO / BRAVO / PERFECTO/ I AGREEO!!! :thumb:

Are we talking canon as in 10 pounder or Canon as in downrigger?

Tom

Psneeld you can work on surviving the forum.

I'm going to enjoy it and learn what I can.

Now and then I reflect on what I'm say'in on a post and remember I learned it w Marin and others on a thread 5 years ago. That's rock'in.

:rofl:....seriously?????:rofl:

Unless you have some obscure Jarvis Newman that was outside their normal build, you have a semi displacement hull.

The Downeast hulls are one of the easiest pushing and seaworthy hulls around. The JNs' have a great reputation both in quality and performance. Unless you want to cross oceans, you don't need a FD.

I don't even have a boat (yet), and I really like this forum. You can become fairly knowledgeable, learn all the strengths and weaknesses of various cruising boats, live and cruise vicariously through the videos and pictures, stories of passages far and wide...
It's great!

Pretty much the same reasons I joined.:thumb:
Wanted to know more about trawlers. Now dad gum it, I'm hooked!:D

Definitely a joy to come aboard! Glad to have all opinions shared:thumb:

Amen to that!!! It's what It is all about...boats and bars and beer and babes!!! And this was taken with a Sony...not a Canon!!!! On a fully planing hull...powered by Good ole Cummins thirsty for fuel oil!!!! Life is good!!!

Ps....all four of these ladies are teachers!!!...one a principal!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom