501 Chris General Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cambria lady

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
cambria lady
Vessel Make
1988 Chris 501
Thanks to the Fuel Management answers. You have no idea how glad I am to find a forum with Connie owners. I bought this boat last year and have been learning the hard way as I couldn't find any forums for help. Let me ask a few general questions..
1. SanX System- my 501 had 2 sanx systems ,one worked and one didn't. Both had about 12 gal tanks. There was no deck plate for dockside discharge and I found out that even working sanx was not legal in certain venues so I replaced the one with a holding tank and installed a dockside deck fitting. Was Sanx a common system in 501s and what did other owners do?

2. Pilot house visibility is horrible for "backing in "docking as corners are not visible. "Front in" is no problem. I'm putting cameras on the corners as my wife and I handle all our boats alone and both can operate and dock usually alone. This boat is a challenge from the lower station. The bridge is where we've always run our boats but I have to help with the lines on this boat, so lower is going to be the station to back in. I've been watching others trying to dock big boats with blind corners and they are much worse than us but I don't want to feel my way with the swim platform as seems to be common. Have many of you tried cameras ? better or worse?

3. Rain water leaks-Common areas seem to be aft hull windows port and starboard and bridge hardware. Fortunately we feel we have stopped all before any damage by rebedding every thing screwed to bridge , including the bridge and the hull windows. Any other trouble spots we should look at?
Thanks GaryD

Back
Top Bottom