Old 01-29-2014, 06:02 AM   #30
cardude01
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack Mule View Post
We have some friends that live in Treasure Cay right across from the marina . We visited them a couple years ago (not by boat ) .They had a boat and carried us around to some of the islands but we mostly stayed in Treasure Cay. I liked Man O War Cay and Hope town. I would love to go back someday with my boat or even charter so we could check out everything . I have done the 10 day charter out of Tortola on a sailboat.I like the Abacos . How did chartering the GH37 go I was looking at doing that in a couple of years . I don't have any twin engine experience only sailboat and single engine trawler .
The N37 charter was great-- I just wanted to try something different with this catamaran, plus I wanted more room. The N37 has a great master and a small guest room plus the dinette makes into a bed. We might have my parents aboard this time so we needed 3 separate bedrooms.

The twin engine setup was easy to operate, plus it had a bow thruster.

Thanks for the info on Tortola vs Bahamas. We are not as interested in the bar/party scene since our HS kids will be aboard. They saw enough drunks at nippers last time. Lol.
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote