Vacuflush Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My other suggestion is to mount them so they can be easily serviced and NOT over the top of anything you are too proud of to drip a little fecal waste onto.
On our Sea Ray the VG was about 15/18' away from the head in the engine space ( really NOT a engine room) and mounted on the outboard side of the port engine. I could get to it.. sort of... after about 10 minutes of wiggling around the front of the engine. The space was designed for a 5' tall 80lb person.. not my 6'2 220 frame. Or by a complete removal of the seats , bar and cockpit floor.. about 3 hrs of work.

never again will I have such a necessary appliance so inaccessible.

HOLLYWOOD

I've had a VF system for almost 10 years with no trouble and no maintenance. I do need to replace the seals in the head as they aren't always air tight so the VG sucks the water out of the bowl once in awhile when the flush valve is closed. I use a toilet brush on the seals regularly to keep them as clean as possible. As for the noise, the VGs are in the engine room and I can barely hear them.

We had VacuFlush last boat--8 years--no problems with very little maintenance. I didn't mind the "noise", which is really not much more than the modern day household low volume flush gurgler. We have MasterFlush on the present boat. They are very good but use a lot of water-approx a gallon per flush vs. a pint for VacuFlush.

I got so sick of sitting under the Polar Vortex here in NH today and normally my many miles of snowmobiling distract me from thinking about the boat until it gets time to pull the wrap. But with all the snowmobile trails being closed right now I went to the marina and cut into the wrap and took some measurements.
Definite great place to mount on this vessel is Stbd side engine room. Plenty of room and it looks like me and Hollywood share the same shirt size so no problems with access and nice flat easily cleaned area to mount but too damn cold to do anything right now Wimp!
Kind of eerie sitting in the blue light under the shrinkwrap in the cockpit - determined to drink at least 1 "cold" beer while on board. About the coldest Stella I ever drank!
Just waiting for VF bits to arrive and in the meantime if we don't get good snow for the trails I have a fantastic space heater.....

I got so sick of sitting under the Polar Vortex here in NH today and normally my many miles of snowmobiling distract me from thinking about the boat until it gets time to pull the wrap. But with all the snowmobile trails being closed right now I went to the marina and cut into the wrap and took some measurements.
Definite great place to mount on this vessel is Stbd side engine room. Plenty of room and it looks like me and Hollywood share the same shirt size so no problems with access and nice flat easily cleaned area to mount but too damn cold to do anything right now Wimp!
Kind of eerie sitting in the blue light under the shrinkwrap in the cockpit - determined to drink at least 1 "cold" beer while on board. About the coldest Stella I ever drank!
Just waiting for VF bits to arrive and in the meantime if we don't get good snow for the trails I have a fantastic space heater.....

I really feel for you guys out East this winter... while out in the Pacific North West is is above normal temps and no damn snow!.

You will love the vacu flush!
HOLLYWOOD

Got a spare birth? I'm not any trouble!
Normally enjoy winter with all the snowmobiling and skiing but this year its been crazy low temps with inches of Ice rain, I have been up here 16 years and came from the Med. Never seen anything like it. Today there were images of the Hudson freezing up in NY. Time to make another move me thinks!
It is incredibly beautiful in the summer months but boy we pay for it in winter !!!
Need to plan visits down to Florida or love the Admirals solution....get rid of the Mountain home and get another boat.....one down South and one up here. Now I see why I married her!!

Back
Top Bottom