84.4 knots...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xsbank

Guru
Vessel Name
Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Make
Custom Aluminum 52
...about 1000 miles due South of the Gulf of Alaska. Due West of Vancouver on my tracking app. Un-cloaked Klingon vessel or just a Littoral?

Check your radar...

images

large%20voyage%20home%20blu-ray3v.jpg

Last edited:
Found him!

Attachments

• image-2866518172.jpg
    image-2866518172.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 165
Hmmmmmm...

Attachments

• FastMover UFO.jpg
    FastMover UFO.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 150
That's truly strange. Got to be an error. It's position history shows it's lat /lon hasn't changed in several hours. At 84 knots you'd think it would have changed a lot.

Yeah. . . some sort of anomaly. If you try to look the target up by MMSI number it says it doesn't exist, plus it's 500 nm West of the nearest AIS coverage zone.

Last edited:
Ok, you guys caught me. I'm steaming towards one of those containers reported adrift. :)

I had a Comar AIS fail like that a few years ago. It started scrambling the static and dynamic data. At one point my 15m boat became 1,500 metres. Very strange when you're looking at someone else's AIS and realize the red brick covering the entire north end of the bay is yours.

Just before I ripped it out it grabbed the MMSI and speed from a whale watching vessel on the other side of the strait and was reporting 34 knots tied up to the dock. This boat wouldn't do 34 unless you pushed it off a cliff.

I had a Comar AIS fail like that a few years ago. It started scrambling the static and dynamic data. At one point my 15m boat became 1,500 metres. Very strange when you're looking at someone else's AIS and realize the red brick covering the entire north end of the bay is yours.

Just before I ripped it out it grabbed the MMSI and speed from a whale watching vessel on the other side of the strait and was reporting 34 knots tied up to the dock. This boat wouldn't do 34 unless you pushed it off a cliff.

:rofl:That's technology for ya:rofl:

Come on! Its a plane. When I first started playing with Marine Traffic I would ocasionally see hits moving at 100+ off the coast of Virginia Beach Va. My first thought it was a new fast moving Navy project. Then I saw one over land.
AIS transponder systems

Come on! Its a plane. When I first started playing with Marine Traffic I would ocasionally see hits moving at 100+ off the coast of Virginia Beach Va. My first thought it was a new fast moving Navy project. Then I saw one over land.
AIS transponder systems

Pretty slow plane for that far out. If it's airborne and not an anomaly (my guess) I would think rotor wing. Not a lot of <100 k aircraft hundreds of miles offshore. Cessna 172's cruse at 105-110 knots.

If it is real and does not show a track dies that mean it is running around in small circles? LOL
Interesting however

It's still hovering there!! Can't wait until the alien conspiracy theorists watching area 51 discover it????

It must be a secret government installation. They thought they had me. . . But I fooled them.......

Attachments

• cainemutiny1.jpg
    cainemutiny1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Its my son's articulated tug and barge rig. He said that hey are one day overdue for crew change and trying to make up time.

Attachments

• Crew change.jpg
    Crew change.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom