Golden Star 1985

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, I have been "lurking for a long time" We bought our boat June 2013,
Decided to post a pic. Any other Golden Star owners out there??

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 247
Welcome aboard and glad you decided to join us.

HiYa Lynnette, I looked for 3 months and found my Golden Star 35 in Quincy. I like your rails over the aft sundeck...good idea. I'd like to add a hoist on the port quarter as yours appears to have...do you have a picture?

What's a Golden Star?

More pics please Lynnette?

More pics

Here are some older pics, Its a Taiwan make, not sure which boatyard although I have seen the name in the documentation, I just can't remember!
Has twin perkins 840 hours and 38 foot. Lots for us to learn and trouble shoot.
I will get a better pic of the dingy setup for the person that asked. The PO
has 8 binders of all documentation and manuals for the equipment, so we are fortunate in that regard.

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 183
Thanks for your reply Lynnette...pretty boat, good design and you'll get lots of compliments. I like the interior...all the teak is below decks! I'd sure like to see that hoist a little closer if you have a closer pic...I need a hoist and that looks like it works real well. My dink is on Weaver Davits on the swim platform but the outboard is on the sundeck...a long lift if you know what I mean.

Thanks Lynnette,
I'm usually not fond of sundecks but I rather like yours. Like the windows, rakish fly bridge and helmstation.

Golden Star 1985

Lynnette,

Sorry it took me awhile to respond. I have been a bit under the weather these days.
Yes, I am a 1985 Golden Star owner as well. My Documents call her a Fu Hwa Golden Star; model is a Sedan.

I was also in touch with another Sedan owner from Sweden (I think) last year who had just bought a GS in Florida last year. I lost email records on him in a disk crash, but I believe he was on TF briefly at one time. There was another fine looking Fu Hwa for sale last Fall up in the northwest that really caught my eye. There do not appear to be very many of these Golden Stars around or for sale I guess. Other than that one in FL, which was not that similar, I have looked for years and have not turned up a sister of this trawler. I think many of these were very customized. This one came with Bow and Stern Thrusters, Autopilot, and a "secondary" Propane gas water heater.

I have left from the PO a well copied sales brochure of the line; it pretty clearly shows your Sundeck as both a 35' or 38'.

Although they may come from the same pedigree, there are some glaring differences in our Gold Stars. You have dual Perkins' and I run a single Volvo TAMD40B. I note that yours appears to use cable steering vs hydraulic. The Pilot wheels are strikingly different, and I have the electrical power panel behind the lower helm wheel.

One of the deciding factors in acquiring Satori was our dog, Cassie, whom we wanted to have easy access through the Transom while being more contained with the high sides.
Please feel free to contact me privately if you would like to discuss further or exchange more info or Pics.

Attachments

• Brochure 1.jpg
    Brochure 1.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Brochure 2.jpg
    Brochure 2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 183
  • Brochure 3.jpg
    Brochure 3.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC02038.JPG
    DSC02038.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC04274.JPG
    DSC04274.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC04773.JPG
    DSC04773.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC05259.JPG
    DSC05259.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC07138.JPG
    DSC07138.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Winter Sun.JPG
    Winter Sun.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 143
  • New Panel.JPG
    New Panel.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 139
Good day Lynnette, just joined this forum and saw your post on Golden Star. I too own one and have lived on it for ten years now. Mine is a 1986 38’ what I call an Aft Cabin. After looking at some of your reply’s I believe I have a sun deck. Mine is a unusual boat also. Have not seen one like it yet. It is equipped with twin Cats 3208 non turbo. It to was custom built to have these motors. I enjoy this boat very much and take it out just about every weekend. I cruise in the CA Delta so this boat is in a very protected environment and has been in a covered slip all of its life. I’m the third owner. I’ve been looking for information on the Golden Star for ten years now and have acquired about one page of information. Rare vessels but very unique and beautiful. Safe travels Ace

Golden Star 48

Aceman, I am new to trawler forum also, and just purchased a GS 48, 1987 with ford lehman 375hp turbo motors, she needs alot of cleaning and some wood work.
we are located in Novato , Ca.

have you had any problems with your rub rail leaking?

Aceman and Whatsalad,

Great to see a couple new local guys aboard. There are quite a few of us SF Bay and CA Delta boaters here.

I've sendt you both invites to the SF Bay and CA Delta Social Group here on TF. It's a way for us locals to stay in touch about local affairs without pestering the other folks who aren't as interested.

I currently berth at Vallejo Muni so I'm halfway between Bay and Delta destinations. Kept my boat at Riverboat Marina for many years and loved all the Delta has to offer. Each summer I spend as much time on the freshwaters of the Delta as possible. This summer will be no exception.

Hope our wakes cross on the water sometime. Welcome aboard!

Good day Lynnette, just joined this forum and saw your post on Golden Star. I too own one and have lived on it for ten years now. Mine is a 1986 38’ what I call an Aft Cabin. After looking at some of your reply’s I believe I have a sun deck. Mine is a unusual boat also. Have not seen one like it yet. It is equipped with twin Cats 3208 non turbo. It to was custom built to have these motors. I enjoy this boat very much and take it out just about every weekend. I cruise in the CA Delta so this boat is in a very protected environment and has been in a covered slip all of its life. I’m the third owner. I’ve been looking for information on the Golden Star for ten years now and have acquired about one page of information. Rare vessels but very unique and beautiful. Safe travels Ace

Welcome Aceman

Aceman, I am new to trawler forum also, and just purchased a GS 48, 1987 with ford lehman 375hp turbo motors, she needs alot of cleaning and some wood work.

Welcome Whatslad

Thank you all for the warm welcome. This is a great forum for insight and knowledge of our boats. Look forward to all discussions in the future.

What does the green dot next to my picture mean??

It means you're online. If it's red, maybe you're not signed in.

I haven’t used a cursor in years.
"cursor
ˈkəːsə/
noun
noun: cursor; plural noun: cursors

1. 1.
    a movable indicator on a computer screen identifying the point that will be affected by input from the user."

Typically the indicator/pointer arrow is moved by the use of a mouse or a touchpad. I`d have thought one or the other, or both,were ubiquitous, but you may use a different system.

Index finger: the 21st century device to replace a movable indicator on a computer screen identifying the point that will be affected by input from the user.

Index finger: the 21st century device to replace a movable indicator on a computer screen identifying the point that will be affected by input from the user.
LOL. Wonder if hovering your magic mouse index finger over the dot produces text that appears with the ancient cursor? As you don`t use a cursor, you`ll never know.:D

Well said my friend. LOL

Hi Whatsalad,
I'm currently looking at a Golden Star 38 Sundeck which has a soft spot on the port side deck. The source of water into the encapsulated ply under the glass deck has not been determined.
I saw your questoin about possible leaking rub rail and am wondering what you found and how (if) you have been able to resolve the issue. Whlist yiurs is a different model, the hull/deck construction method could well be the same.
Anyone else had deck issues on a GS 38?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom