Marine Trader Tradewinds 47

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TEXTrawler

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the 1986-88 model Marine Trader Tradewinds MY? Just looking for any information on how these boats handle, things to watch for in terms of maintenance, construction, etc...

Thanks,
Tim

I recently bought a 1990 Tradewinds 43 that actually measures out to be 47 LOA. Inspection found soft spots near the bowsprit, water intrusion at port lights forward and water damage under door sill of door to sundeck from salon. The big one was the roof over the sundeck. While relatively level (not sagging) when viewing from below, it sagged a lot on top causing rainwater to collect. I had the top fiberglass removed only to find that the glass was not glued to the core - I could smell the resin still. There was a small area of intrusion near the anchor light but that was all.
Mine has Cummins 210 HP - solid performers. Hydraulic steering is great. Keep an eye on corrosion of fuel tank straps.
Can't wait for spring to resume cruising the Chesapeake!

Thanks, I've been reading a lot of very informative posts. This was my first.

Pay very, very close attention to the fuel tanks. Known for corrosion and can be hugely expensive issue to deal with. A few tips for to help with your pre-survey inspection at Marine Survey 101

Glad to find coms on a MT 47 Tradewinds! It's dinghy replacement time - away from RIB to B Whaler. Anyone with resources/references/experience with davit specs/limitations and aft deck roof (dinghy deck) max weight restrictions? Winch info is easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom