This is kind of cool....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh My....
Don't get me started about the inadequate height mast...

The tiny rudder....

And the pointed bow.. if the anchor handler slips it will put a eye out!

HOLLYWOOD

:facepalm:

I am looking forward to an analysis of the propulsive efficiency, sea keeping qualities, and most of all - seaworthiness.

The side view of the hull isn't much different than the Coot.

ry%3D400

img_208445_1_6b10243166174cc66aebab1bd668b2be.jpg

Last edited:
I actually thought it was a pretty salty looking ship. Plain yes, and a little "oaky" on the inside, but I'd cruise it. Pluses: Nice engine room with bench John Deere main Dry stack exhaust Flying bridge of sorts Sturdy steel construction Nice profile Lots of sleeping areas Many many handrails :) Negatives: Interior very "oaky" Too expensive Too many fuel tanks? No generator Home built No bow thruster
Totally agree! Love the salty ship look (I'm a huge Duck fan), but my Midwestern up-bringing causes me to break into hives when I see that much oak inside!! Despite the choice of interior wood, it looks like a helluva boat for a homebuilt!

Last edited:
This boat has been for sale for a few years. I remember reading this ad and it actually did get me sidetracked off Krogen for a while.

While it did sound good, the layout was simply not conducive for what we wanted.

It is the least expensive method to build a hull from flat plates.

A rolled chine cut to fit adds little to the cost , but makes the boat look nicer when on the hard.

There is only a minor difference in the sq fr of surface area between a fully developed rounded bottom and simple chines.

Perhaps the builder thought it would be worth 15c of fuel / hour to save learning a new skill set , and saving a few months.

The additional cuts, the machine needed to roll the plate, the skill to roll it correctly the first time every time, the additional weld time, consumables, and post processing is unreasonable for a builder and money out of the pocket of a yard.

A good looking metal hull with multiple compound curves welded by hand will require considerable fairing to complete. That may be beyond the capabilities of builders and, once again, either raises the selling price too high or cuts into the profit of a boatyard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom