Old 01-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
SCOTTEDAVIS
Guru

City: Vero Beach, FL.
Vessel Name: FIREFLY
Vessel Model: Pilgrim 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilothouse king View Post
You can bring your boat into Florida, register it and pay no sales tax. It won't even be mentioned. I have a link on my site to an excellent Documentation service that can handle it all for you. It's a non-issue. Plus, I would like to repeat, that due to budget cuts there are NO (none, zip, nada) Tax Agents out in the field looking for scofflaws. Once upon a time they would go audit Marina contracts looking for boats, walked docks, etc., but now they even reassigned those who used to do that -into doing other work-indoors. Makes no sense, but that's the facts. Even if somebody "dropped a dime" on a flagrant scofflaw (like signed a 90 day affidavit of being out-of-State resident, then took the boat direct to their Florida home) there's nobody in the State to do anything about it. The tax agents aren't even allowed access to the Internet to catch all the unlicensed dealers selling boats and cars on Ebay and Craigs list and even BRAGGING of "thousands sold", yet collecting no sales tax OR giving any affidavits or paperwork. It's insane, but true. You seen our Governor? Come on down!! We like Kentucky folks!!
I find this curious, why would a government during tough times prevent the collection of tax's? Particularly "low hanging fruit" taxes.

Do you have any factual back-up to add to these statements?

As a business owner in the state I can attest to the fact that tax enforcement regarding business taxes is up, in fact audits are at an all time high according to my accountant. Strange that they would stop worrying about enforcement of sales tax's regarding purchases.

Please direct me to some resources or provide some evidence to your claims, I would not want anyone getting into financial trouble regarding taxes.

But if there is no one watching the hen house, well that's news to me.

Regards
SCOTTEDAVIS is offline   Reply With Quote