Good Bye all ......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
What a bunch of guys .. and I almost didn't click on. Glad I did to find out I had so many friends. Good ones at that.

I had one on my ignore list for about 5 months. But the box appears still when he/they post and I know him well enough to imagine well what the attacking words would be. And in away the ignore function is even worse than reality because most all the time I think the worst of what was really said as the rude dudes frequently have polite and constructive things to say. It says (for those that have never had any "ignore" experience) so and so is on your ignore list and therefore this post has been eliminated .. not in those words. And then the next poster quotes the ignored. Sure the ignore function does some good but it dosn't solve the problem. I personally think the mods should establish a rude dude/gentlemanly dude red line and excommunicate those that cross onto the rude dude side. If I was going into a bar I'd expect the bouncer to do it for me. On the streets the police lock up the unacceptable s. But on TF it's a free for all. I'm quite to verry fond of all those that I know that are mods too. And I know they're trying hard to do well. But I don't think I should have to put up w the rude dudes.

Thanks guys for all the supporting words (and what's behind them) and as a result I can't possibly leave ... at least w/o more egg on my face.:blush:

Take it from a USENET veteran, this forum is as far from a free-for-all as it's possible to get. In fact, if it's not the quietest and politest forum I've ever seen it's definitely in the top 3.

Ya know, Eric, ole buddy....we share many of the same perspectives but fortunately I'm a novice at boating, and this gives me a real freedom from participating in competitive opinion about deep subject matter. Some of us spend all of our energy (and most of us spend some of our energy) on the defense of opinion rather than considering the points of another. I've seen you do a 180 degree when evidence was demonstrated that was counter to your opinion. Having strong feelings about something is a lot different than rigidity. You surely demonstrate strong feelings about your opinion, but you have humility. If one knows the sea, one knows humility. I listen to your advice and opinion with humility and accept that what you say is from learning and practice. If I don't agree in some form, you can be sure that I'll be investigating the platform that my opinion was based on, cuz somewhere, there's a crack, and I love finding out that I was wrong.

Eric,

Opinions are one thing and attacks are another. I agree with you on your perspective of those rude dudes. Karma will get them in the end. Stay on the forum and keep giving your opinions and advice. They are all valuable to many.

Bob

Leaving?????

Your opinion IS valued. I don't always agree but that's normal. But your input is valued.

Well that"s enough for me

i"m stay"in!

If I was inclined to be satisfied with only one opinion and/or viewpoint I could ignore this forum and confine myself to the advertising of one manufacturer.
For variety they could compare their models.
Ted

Murray wish you were not kid'in about the anchor. Did you see my latest ... the heavy duty Danforth?

RT I'll always see you along w most everybody else.

Ted I love Campbell River. Even looked for houses there just before moving to Alaska.

Last edited:
Ok... He's staying... YAY!
(closing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom