First shot at posting photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moby Nick

Vessel Name
Du NORD
Vessel Make
Albin-25
Since the photo was taken of our 1976 Albin, powered by a MD17C, we have removed the outboard motor mount and added a swim platform as well as a Claw anchor roller.

We towed our CLC Eastport Pram behind our Shearwater Yawl, TRUE NORTH, for many years and continue that with the Albin.

Attachments

• Brewhouse.jpg
    Brewhouse.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 100_0726.jpg
    100_0726.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 213
Since the photo was taken of our 1976 Albin, powered by a MD17C, we have removed the outboard motor mount and added a swim platform as well as a Claw anchor roller.

We towed our CLC Eastport Pram behind our Shearwater Yawl, TRUE NORTH, for many years and continue that with the Albin.

2 great looking boats in a beautiful setting. Who's the old salt?:hide:

Moi, Nick Scheuer, and our faithful dog, Ginger (Sharpei/Boxer/Shepherd mix) who is equally at home at a cocktail party, running with the pack at an off-leash dog park, in weathering a storm in our boat for a week, or prowling the halls of a local hospital in her role as an Animal Assisted Therapy Dog.

Did you build the Eastport?

No, HopCar, a friend had it built by another mutual friend. When I told them I was looking for a dinghy to take along on a cruise on Penobscot Bay, he gave me "a deal I couldn't refuse". The Pram is light enough for wife and I to load atop a pickup, is easy to row, yet will transport all three of us any distance to shore.

It has the sail rig.

I like CLC kits.

Very nice Albin!

I love wooden dinghies and they are great to row/sail

Here's the one I built a few years back...

Attachments

• 661.jpg
    661.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 188
It seems the majority like inflatables, pushed by outboard motors

However, I don't want to use an outboard, and inflatables row terribly.

We like everything about our light-weight plywood dinghy. Yours looks like a great full-size family boat, Francois.

While outboards raise the utility/capability of a dinghy, they add complication and expense.

232323232%7Ffp54385%3Enu%3D3976%3E972%3E%3A47%3E2%3A67972%3B38245ot1lsi

Since we're talking dinghies, I just bought the plans for this folding dinghy.
flip9s.jpg

Dinghy plans for the spatially challenged

It's called Fliptail. I bought the plans for the 9 foot version.
Now I need to find some 1/4 sawn ash or oak 1" thick and about 12-1/2 feet long!
I'll power it with either an electric trolling motor or my 2-1/2 hp Lehr propane outboard.

Since we're talking dinghies, I just bought the plans for this folding dinghy.
flip9s.jpg

Dinghy plans for the spatially challenged

It's called Fliptail. I bought the plans for the 9 foot version.
Now I need to find some 1/4 sawn ash or oak 1" thick and about 12-1/2 feet long!
I'll power it with either an electric trolling motor or my 2-1/2 hp Lehr propane outboard.

Here you go, Parks. Try these people. Their McKewen Division has been supplying hardwood lumber in Florida for over 50 years. They should be able to get anything you want.

Hood Distribution - Hardwood Lumber and Plywood Distributor - Delray Beach, Florida

Thanks Don! I think I see a road trip in my future.
Are you in Florida now?

Thanks Don! I think I see a road trip in my future.
Are you in Florida now?

No, Parks. Wish I were. 18* F in Tennessee now. I am going to try to coordinate a trip down for the Miami Boat Show and moving the boat over for hull sides painting.

I started my career while in college in Florida selling wholesale wood products all over central and north Florida. McKewen was a good supplier then. Quality people as far as I know.

You need to get to Miami soon! The weather here is cool and clear. A beautiful day to be outside. Be sure to come by the store for a visit. We've got great Cuban coffee.

We've now got the Albin how we want her

Her deck and house were repainted last winter, requiring the removal and remounting of every last fitting, so we got a late start this season, further delayed by out cold spring weather.

We plan to launch at Plunder Bay, just north of the Champlain Canal later this week. We'll take out somewhere along the Erie Canal a week later.

Attachments

• DSCF1689.jpg
    DSCF1689.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 159

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom