FL Water Pump weep hole?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dixie Life

Vessel Name
Aku Uka
Vessel Make
43’ DeFever
While working on my FL120 I noticed a slotted hole on the under side of my water pump. Is this a factory weep hole or corrosion. I haven't had any leaks so I'm guessing it's got to be a weep hole.

Attachments

• car 349.jpg
    car 349.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 82
  • car 348.jpg
    car 348.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 75
Agree with LarryM, weephole. Owners weep over that pump too.

Agree with LarryM, weephole. Owners weep over that pump too.

I thought it was the old style raw water pump on Lehmans that was the issue....maybe?

Hadn't heard the circ pump as an issue but I may just be in the dark on it...

I thought it was the old style raw water pump on Lehmans that was the issue....maybe?

Hadn't heard the circ pump as an issue but I may just be in the dark on it...

There is no particular "issue" with the circulating pump. They usually last a very long time.
I replaced mine 2 seasons ago only because I had all the coolant drained as I was R and R ing the exhaust manifold. I had about 4000 hrs on the engine at the time and I'm sure the pump was original.

There is no particular "issue" with the circulating pump. They usually last a very long time.
I replaced mine 2 seasons ago only because I had all the coolant drained as I was R and R ing the exhaust manifold. I had about 4000 hrs on the engine at the time and I'm sure the pump was original.

We replaced ours on the SP135 at 6638 hours and it was original.

Usually all that needs to be replaced is the lip seal, not the entire pump.

Just to keep on track, my pump is fine, I was just questioning the hole at the bottom. I pull the pump to track down a high temp reading on my guages. The guys at Am. Diesel (GREAT PEOPLE) said I probably need to bleed the air from my exh. manifold.

Except when they start to look like this ...

Attachments

• impeller.jpg
    impeller.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom