What boat in Overboard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwnall

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36
Things are kind of slow today. Probably because all our Northern brethren are hunkered down for the next oncoming polar vortex. Not going to come down to Florida this time, though, thank goodness!

Anyway, I was kind of bored, and so watched a movie this afternoon. "Overboard," the 1980's movie with Curt Russel and Goldie Hawn.....I like any movie that stars a boat.

Beautiful boat. Beyond my pay grade, of course. But still beautiful. Anyone know her history???

130ft Kong & Halvorsen "YECATS"

About 15 years ago it was at Leiberhaven's on Orcas Island,WA in sad shape, and they were planning to restore it. I don't know if they ever did.

You saw a movie w Goldie Hawn and a boat in it and you noticed the boat???

somebody told me about a movie with Jennifer Lopez and a boat in it.
I watched it three times .... never saw no boat.

somebody told me about a movie with Jennifer Lopez and a boat in it.
I watched it three times .... never saw no boat.

Yeah. I saw that movie. I took notice of the stern very often.;)

Things are kind of slow today. Probably because all our Northern brethren are hunkered down for the next oncoming polar vortex. Not going to come down to Florida this time, though, thank goodness!

Anyway, I was kind of bored, and so watched a movie this afternoon. "Overboard," the 1980's movie with Curt Russel and Goldie Hawn.....I like any movie that stars a boat.

Beautiful boat. Beyond my pay grade, of course. But still beautiful. Anyone know her history???

I don't know much about the boat from overboard but I do know they filmed it in Noyo Harbor in Ft. Bragg California.. Hawn stayed next door from our family home in Mendocino. Always thought is was a strange place to film a movie with a boat as a major set.

HOLLYWOOD

Well, of course...when they name a movie after you, what's not to like?

On a two week cruise up to the Chesapeake my crew referred to it as "2 Weeks Before the Mast". Now why would they do that?

At least they didn't call you "Francis A. Thompson."

The boat in Overboard was flying a Seattle Yacht Club burgee. Yes, I know there is something wrong with me for noticing that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom