How does your key floater work??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suspect trawlers are low on the list of the most often stolen boats. Still, if it is your boat, it's a problem.

Personal safety is probably more important. When my wife and I sleep on the boat (at a marina or at anchor), she always makes sure the door is locked. To prevent a lost key from becoming a huge problem (locked out at anchor somewhere), I have a well hidden spare cabin key.

When my wife and I sleep on the boat (at a marina or at anchor), she always makes sure the door is locked.

We do too... now. We were robbed while we slept while tied up to the Wilmington town docks on New Years Eve in 2011. However, we make sure the locks are easy to disable in an emergency.

We do too... now. We were robbed while we slept while tied up to the Wilmington town docks on New Years Eve in 2011. However, we make sure the locks are easy to disable in an emergency.

That's scary, we've been there. We often stay at similar docks because we can walk around the city and enjoy the local sights and businesses. Often in a marina you're stuck there with little to do.

I could go on and on about the ineffectiveness of the criminal justice system but it would do no good. :nonono:

Moonstruck needs no keys.

My wife reminds me to remove the "ignition" key (not really, it's a diesel) from the flybridge when we're anchored or at a dock or marina. True, someone who knows what they are doing could start the engine with a jumper, but if we are on board, I could stop it from the lower helm.

I don't know. Do know that each boatyard adds another float.

img_208268_0_6c38d8048ad93db93661b731229c3124.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom