Can you add a new category for charters/rentals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xraycharlie

Veteran Member
I was wondering if you could add a new category to the Trawler Forum where owners could offer their trawlers for rental to people like me that have lots of boating experience (and are not ready to buy yet) and want to rent/charter a trawler.

This type of thing seems to be gaining in popularity, there are now a couple of web sites where people can list their boats, planes, RV's, quads etc. to others interested in renting them.

It makes so much sense, in my case my I have been boating all my life and with my business I don't have time to be a full time owner of a trawler and my business operates on weekends so I would like to rent a trawler during the week when most people are not using them.

Owners can help with the expenses of a yacht.

Chime in if you think this makes sense...

Thanks!

FOR SALE, FOR RENT ... same thing, different arrangements.
Use CLASSIFIED/FOR SALE forum ... me thinks.

Last edited:
I think we are better of, for now, to just use the Classifieds section. If we get a large number of requests, at that time, the mod team will discuss the addition of a dedicated sub-forum for it. I will, though, see if the adims will add a FOR RENT to the drop-down prefix titles selections.

Last edited:
A 'For Rent' prefix tag has been added to the drop-down list ;-)
(Don't thank me... Thank Craig. I just brought his attention to it.)

Thanks for your input.

It's very easy to say no to this as admins think they know best about their forums (and they usually do)... BUT it would be the only forum category for renting boats on teh internet that I know if. It is possible that is would draw more members. It wouldn't hurt to try it for a year or so.

I think a Rental sections in the classifieds is a great idea. Bit of a coincidence, I guess, as I had just posted a message looking for someone with a Prairie 29 that would be open to swapping or renting. I'm in the Northwest who would like to cruise in the Southeast

Good idea, and kudos to Tom and Craig for jumping on it so quick.

That said, there are some pitfalls to renting a boat (especially for the owner) and some of those listed in a sticky note at the top of the CLASSIFIED -> FOR RENT forum would probably not be a bad idea. (I do not know what all of them are, but am certain that there are people on here who do).

Just change the "Classified" section to "For Sale, Trade or rent".

I asked for a Design section twice in the past. Should be based on how many (probably as a percentage) would use it and the "Team" was probably right. There aren't many really interested in design but we still have numerous design discussions but the're usually an off topic run on.

I've tweaked up the subtext of the classifieds section as a start. There is also a prefix available... manyboats is right about actual forum use driving the addition of new sections. We're not opposed to growth but generally wait until there is a clear need and enough content to warrant a new section.

:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom