A few more parts replaced - third try for our first cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
Looking at weather today, looks like a great weekend for a winter cruise here in the PNW. We are attempting our third try for a cruise. First attempt started with me having to rush my father to the ER. Second our starboard engine quit on us only a half mile so we turned back around. So you know what they say, third time is the charm. Hoping to see Anacortes today sometime around noon or so.

may you have fair winds and following seas

Saturday started a bit later than I wanted but by 10am we were at the boat getting ready to head out. Both engines running we started heading towards Anacortes out of Bellingham. I didn't want to push things too hard so we enjoyed a lazy 7 knots there. Both engines ran nicely (except for idle which I am going to adjust after timing when the new timing light arrives this weekend.) Both had good pressure and stayed w/i limits on temp. Interesting the lower helm shows about 40-45 psi on the port motor but from the fly bridge there is about a 15 psi difference. We enjoyed Anthony's Home Port Saturday night and walked around Sunday checking the local scene. Sunday what a pleasure, calm seas, warm about 50 and sunny - a great day in January! I spent the entire time on the fly bridge other than a stop for lunch. That too was a real treat! Couldn't have asked for a better return home. I'll post some pictures in my album here shortly. I am looking forward to heading out and doing some more cruises. We also had an official christening of the new name including champagne for us, the boat and god of the sea! I am so looking forward to warmer weather and using the boat more. Total gallons (estimate from the flowscan) 36. One of my to do, double check the accuracy of the flowscan. I know it needs servicing as the port doesn't work at all, just the starboard. Does any one know how to get a manual?

Congrats on the nice cruise.
The flow sensors on the Flowscan have a small paddlewheel maybe a bit of trash is blocking the port unit? They may have a downloadable manual on the company's site.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom