Heading down the ICW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does this mean that I should buy new focets before heading to the boat or do you think there's a chance that mine might have survived the potential freeze?

Hard to say what fixtures of yours may have actually had enough water in them to freeze and break...

It wasn't a potential freeze in Charleston...it WAS a hard freeze.

Could always buy one of each and return the ones you don't need rather than make extra trips.

Could always buy one of each and return the ones you don't need rather than make extra trips.
Probably a good suggestion especially since - if it's like my boat - there is no way to isolate a break short of cutting and plugging the line.

Dave

Pretty bad when Anchorage AK was warmer than Atlanta GA!

That is a common combination here, but the Bruce/Claw is used most often used of the two here.

img_204678_0_74c4ff42fde01735e705cee388797b29.jpg

This photo reminds me of a story a client told/showed me. He had a glass eye, and a yacht, both as a result of his lawsuit against a boat owner and Marina owner from when he walked into the stock of a Danforth anchor on a dark dock one night. Most Dockmasters no longer allow bow pulpits to overhand docks. Makes me wince thinking about it.

Last edited:
In the above photo but out of view, there is an orange cone on the dock below the pulpit

Our first Florida sunset. While I was working this morning I noticed Scott pulling out. We missed seeing them as we were on the opposite end of the marina m. Windy tomorrow so we'll wait for a tide and head south in the morning.

Attachments

• 20140110_172857.jpg
    20140110_172857.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 111
Tomorrow St Augustine...maybe Sun night on a mooring there to kick back for a day and catch up on chores...then Palm Coast and still debating to bypass Daytona.

Sorry we missed you.

Just got foggy here in Jax beach...might be foggy tomorrow too.

Near Nassau Sound leaving Fenandina we were down to 1/16 mile vis...had 2 sailboats in front so I had one testing my depth all the way..just had to follow on RADAR :thumb:

Last edited:
Fogged in today at Jekyll Island. Thunderstorms predicted. 62F winds out of south. Tomorrow is predicted to be super nice!
We will leave tomorrow for South.

Fog is lifting slowly at Fernandina. Big seas outside so we're waiting on a tide to go halfway to St. Augustine. Benefit is we get to go to the farmers market this morning.

Dave

Ok my wife wants to trade up. I have to admit I like the helicopter.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 118
It seems we knew that because it came up in the helo discussion!

Dave

In St. Augustine for the week. Nice stop although it could be a bit warmer. Rain cleared late and the sun came out so we dropped the dinghy from the roof and took it for a spin. It started right up after sitting for 5 months. I learned my lesson when it comes to a four-stroke outboard - follow the maintenance list and drain the fuel from the bowl before storing. Working this week to pay the bills so we aren't traveling, but there is a nice transient community here with a get-together every morning on VHF 72.

Dave

In St. Augustine for the week. Nice stop although it could be a bit warmer. Rain cleared late and the sun came out so we dropped the dinghy from the roof and took it for a spin. It started right up after sitting for 5 months. I learned my lesson when it comes to a four-stroke outboard - follow the maintenance list and drain the fuel from the bowl before storing. Working this week to pay the bills so we aren't traveling, but there is a nice transient community here with a get-together every morning on VHF 72.

Dave

Nice..we left there 2 days ago..a quick stop in S Daytona...now at the City dock in New Smyrna Beach....first time and really like it. $1.25/foot and nice. Lot's around without being touristy like St Auggie.

Leave for Titusville on Friday for a week there and hopefully the Atlas launch on the 23rd.

Obligatory boat pic from St Augustine. What a great town... if only it was a tad warmer.

Attachments

• 20140116_151418.jpg
    20140116_151418.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 115
Not a rental;) but pretty cool except for managing the 21 foot draft!

Dave

20 degrees warmer and we'd move here. Great town. Heading south tomorrow.

Dave

Attachments

• 20140118_115723.jpg
    20140118_115723.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 98
20 degrees warmer and we'd move here. Great town. Heading south tomorrow.

Dave

Stay till August :D

Try New Smyrna....similar but smaller and less touristy...we liked it and the muni marina is more reasonable.

Leave for Titusville on Friday for a week there and hopefully the Atlas launch on the 23rd.

We got to see a launch when we stopped at Titusville last May. We hiked up to the top of the Max Brewer bridge for the best view.

A fella at the marina said that in the "old days", when they launched the Saturn V rockets, stuff would fall off the shelves and windows would break. He said you could feel the rumble in your chest.

Jan 23rd is a night launch (9pm). Should be awesome. KJ

1429-albums194-picture1050.jpg

Looks like we will be in Titusville for the launch this week. Never saw one before.

Dave

Wow your making great time.

Wow your making great time.

I average less than 6 knots and take my time...stopping places for 3-5 days.....what do you consider making "great time"?????

Good progress indeed. We've been traveling the same way, 7 knots for 2 days then hang out for a few. A pleasant journey.

Dave

Good progress indeed. We've been traveling the same way, 7 knots for 2 days then hang out for a few. A pleasant journey.

Dave

I don't know...I always kinda assumed there was 3 speeds.... Delivery, Travelin' and Cruisin'...kinda thought we were Cruisin' (and having a pleasant journey like you think)....

somewhere's between Travelin' and Delivery is "making good time".....:D

Back
Top Bottom