View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #6
Will
Veteran Member

City: Kent Island, MD
Vessel Name: M.V. LOTTIE
Vessel Model: Lien Hwa/Pilothouse LRC
01/15/14

On the buoy at Carolina beach, SSDG #1 on the line, reviving LTE from shore.

Great day today, got pulled into another sucker hole, even after the WX hold, however when I departed Hammock Bay it was magnificent,dolphins, pelicans and the gentle thump of 155 mm shells in the distance. Truly it reminds you of how great we have it and that there are others among us that are defending us! May the Good Lord keep the Marines safe!

So transit was uneventful, however it looks like SSDG #2 is in need of a heat exchanger cleaning...time to find a sporting goods store, and pick up a gun cleaning kit. Any one remember what size brush I need to stroke out the tubes? If I remember right it is .308 but if any one remembers different please let me know. NL 12 KW units.

Vis cleared up around 1000 and all was well, small delays at two bridges, but even that was enjoyable, more time to practice holding station. So far picking up the buoy has been free but I am guessing they will be out here in the AM for their cash. This really is a nice field!

Got. Passed once today by a power cat, fellow was fairly considerate, however he seemed to have no regard for the boats secured at their berths......not sure what to make of that, why would you give a 50K Lbs trawler a slow pass but throw max wake for a mile and beat all the mores boats? I guess he has never owned water front property.

Oh yeah finally put my dink in the water today, started fairly easily and ran well will get fresh fuel for it I the morning, davit worked well, so I am stoked!

GO FORWARD:
WX check in the morning, then cross to the south side of cape fear and head to SC! However if the weather is snotty again, then I may just hold right here!

Hope to see y'all out there!
Attached Thumbnails
image-1444998426.jpg   image-129457955.jpg   image-1601555503.jpg   image-3994584218.jpg  
Will is offline   Reply With Quote