GB Roll Call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to be the proud owner of a a GB32, Woodie, Hull #220 and would love to know what happened to her. Sold her in the mid to late eighties in Los Angeles to an old couple who transported her to the Pacific Northwest.

Now I have a poor man's GB36, a.k.a. 1976 34' MarineTrader/CHB :)

I used to be the proud owner of a a GB32, Woodie, Hull #220 and would love to know what happened to her. Sold her in the mid to late eighties in Los Angeles to an old couple who transported her to the Pacific Northwest.

Now I have a poor man's GB36, a.k.a. 1976 34' MarineTrader/CHB :)

SeaMoose, According to gbwoodies.com the 1971 GB 32 Sedan hull #220 is now named "CALLISTA" and is owned by Gilles Randon from Porto Vecchio, Corsica, France!
No indication where she is moored. Could be still in PNW I suppose. It is a unlikely your "old" buyer would have transporter her to France.
Hope this helps. Smooth sailing, Layne

Thanks, Layne. Happy to hear she is still floating somewhere.

1974 Classic #427
Twin Lehman 120's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 349
Congratulations. Your hull number is not that higher than ours so it's very possible your hull, like ours, was molded and finished under the direct supervision of Howard Abbey, one of the major pioneers in big-boat fiberglass construction.

In addition to designing and building the molds in Singapore for American Marine's GB36 and GB42 models he was also instrumental in setting up Hatteras' fiberglass assembly process.

Howard directly supervised the molding of every GB hull from the first one, GB36-360 in mid-1973 until partway through 1974 when he left the company which he felt had over-extended itself to the brink of financial crisis (he was correct).

American Marine brought him back several times in later years to solve production problems that had emerged because the yard had drifted away from Howard's hull molding processes and an increasing number of hull problems were developing with GBs after delivery.

The fiberglass GB36 and GB42 hulls built under the direct supervision of Howard are considered by many to be the best GB hulls ever built.

If you have not already joined the GB owners forum (IAGBO) I strongly recommend that you do. Great place to get your questions answered. http://www.grandbanksowners.com

Photo below is our boat at Refuge Cove in Desolation Sound.

image-1043817069.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the History snapshot Marin. I have been posting some questions on the GB forum and have read a lot about these boats there. We are excited to cruise her this season and learn about the systems we have on board. I lurked there for several years as we owned two other boats, an Albin 25 and a Willard 30.

San Graal is a GB 42 CL circa 1991 hull # 1183 with FL 135's. She is in Sandusky Ohio.

San Graal is a GB 42 CL circa 1991 hull # 1183 with FL 135's. She is in Sandusky Ohio.

Hi Neighbor!
I'm over at Anchor Pointe BAM near Curtice with a poor man's GB (Marine Trader). There's a beautiful GB 42 with CAT 3208's, meticulously kept, across the channel from us.

Alan

Hi Neighbor! I'm over at Anchor Pointe BAM near Curtice with a poor man's GB (Marine Trader). There's a beautiful GB 42 with CAT 3208's, meticulously kept, across the channel from us. Alan

Good to hear from you. Hopefully will see you out on the Lake next year! Paul

It's All Good, she's a 1972 GB 50 Flush deck motor yacht, hull #40 and all wood. Twin Caterpillar 3160's at 210 hp each. She is currently moored in Everett, WA. Just purchased her this past October.

Don and Teresa

The GB50 has always been one of my favorite! Welcome aboard! We keep our GB42 in the SF Bay Area and know of a few GB50s around here. Good luck and hope to see her someday...you guys too!

Welcome!!

"Song of Summer", 1980 GB42 classic 2 FL120
British flag.
Sailing in the Mediterranean

If all goes well on Monday then I can add to this list on Tuesday!

Gb 32

Sea trials and survey on Monday!

Attachments

• New Boat.jpg
    New Boat.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 198
Sea trial and survey went well! As of today Ebbtide is ours!!! Bringing her home tomorrow from LaConner to Bellingham. ..if the am tides cooperate.

Bob & Jill

Damn the tides/torpedoes! Full speed ahead!!

Sounds like a great trip. If I was in the area I'd tag along with Mahalo Moi! Congratulations!!! Time to change your avatar.

Caught the current just right but visibility was zero through the channel. Radar and GPS to Hat Island the perfect weather! Just off Eliza Island now.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131128_102241.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131128_102241.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 323
Finally got a good picture of Ebbtide.

ForumRunner_20131130_202259.jpg

Update and photos of It's All Good

Two months into ownership and it really is all good. The boat is performing very well, handling the winds and moderate seas of the Pacific NW. Just back from a weekend in Winslow on Bainbridge Is. Watched the Seahawks do their thing ! Here are a few photos of the boat in Edmonds Marina in December. The one photo shows the previous boat (still for sale) 'Shoot The Moon' (red sailboat) and the bow of 'It's All Good'.

Happy New Year to all, good health and fair seas and of course warm winds.

Cheers!

Don and Teresa

Attachments

• DSCN3056 (600x800).jpg
    DSCN3056 (600x800).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN2564.jpg
    DSCN2564.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN3057.jpg
    DSCN3057.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 182
Hi Rusty.
Yes we've done that and hope to bring her up to Roche Harbor this May.

Cheers !

Don

Nice GB 50. Congrats and I know your lives have just changed for the better. :)

The GB 50 is a sweet ride and yes, we are warmer and drier already, plus the nice warm showers are very nice too ! Now it's just getting used to a boat that is a little slower on the response to helm changes. I must admit though, it is a great boat to be out on whether a day trip or a longer cruise. We are looking forward to being out a lot this spring, summer and fall.
Cheers !
Don

"Grace" is newly-acquired 2001 46 EU #235 currently in Bellingham, WA

Back
Top Bottom