Aussie Boat Restoration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you N4712,
That is about as perfect a boat as I've ever seen. Would love to see her underway! Long and narrow and w great visibility for the helmsman too.

I would like to know what they used for coatings in the bilge? It's so beautiful it looks like a new build.

Keep on stumbling N47

Thank you N4712, That is about as perfect a boat as I've ever seen. Would love to see her underway! Long and narrow and w great visibility for the helmsman too. I would like to know what they used for coatings in the bilge? It's so beautiful it looks like a new build. Keep on stumbling N47
It actually quite funny on another thread RTF brought up 1 engine turning two shafts, so I googled one engine turning two props and went to google images and saw a picture of it, she is a very nice tug.

FlyWright and I looked at a boat remarkably similar to this one last year at my marina. Thing was a work of art.

Pandora has no resemblance to a "Tug".

Well practically none.

Stunning restoration of a classic boat. The boat`s history would be interesting. There are a number of strongly built old timber boats retired to pleasure cruisers seen on the Harbor, originally used as small ferries to transfer workers to/from naval maintenance places, like Cockatoo Island Sydney. They are part of maritime history, some keep their original names.
Halvorsen went through a range of partnerships, apart from Kong & Halvorsen. I was aware of Halvorsen Morson and Garland, responsible for the HMG cruisers, either 41 or 43 ft from memory, popular for game fishing.

Bilge coating as stated in the post "two coats of white Danboline Bilge paint.'
have never heard of it but will look it up soon.

Cheers
Benn

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words. I'm the guy behind the Australian Boat Restoration blog.

I spotted that someone posted a link to my blog which was nice, as for the history of the boat I have created a website to make it easier to scan through the history (and future) of the boat, you can see it all here.

www.Australian-Boat-Restoration.co.uk

I'm still working on it, day after day, just putting the finishing touches to the exterior brightwork now. Any comments welcome.

Elliott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom