Cape Dory 28 Power Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwaymcn

Looking at purchasing a CP 28. Would like to hear from those who have knowledge about this vessel and it's performance.
Looks similar to Albin 28 but with improved accommodation.
Thanks.

I own a Cape Dory 28 flybridge with a 200hp Volvo Diesel. The boat is rather loaded for extended cruising. At 2500 RPM she does 8 knots burning about 2 gph. The engine cruises at 3250 rpm at 10-11 knots burning 7 gph. WOT is 3850 RPM. If you have any questions about this boat, please feel free to PM me.

Mark Cline
Cape Dory 28 #219
Brandywine
Annapolis, MD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jwaymcn:

No, I'm not planning to part with my Cape Dory 28 for a long time. I'm hoping to complete the Great Loop in a few years along with winters in FL. She's a perfect boat for the ICW. If you check YachtWorld, there are a few for sale. There is great hardtop with a red hull for sale here in MD. I know the former owner and he did a lot of work on the boat - all new tanks etc... They former owners took the boat from ME around FL to TX several times. As a result I suspect there quite a few hours on the engine, but it has been well maintained. They are asking $69 which I believe is rather high. A 1990 (hull #202) which was a fly bridge with diesel with about 2000 hours and had all the upgrades from later models sold in the high $30s. A very nice hardtop with the original gas engine sold recently for about $31K.

Please feel free to IM me if you have any questions around these boats.

Best -

Mark

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom