project boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slowboat 37

This is in the Delta Marine yard in Seattle next to our marina. Some projects are bigger than others. That's my F-250 in the parking lot.

Attachments

• DSCN9919.jpg
    DSCN9919.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN9928.jpg
    DSCN9928.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 181
Eric will be excited- I see a Willard peeking its bustle to the right. Bet he becomes excited over the prospect of taking on such a backyard project!! Just projecting here.
Al

That's a serious money hole! Is the term K-boat-$ when talking in millions? :eek:

Ted

That boat is X-Rated... just look at its center windows! :thumb:

Ya know, early 70's I refinished an X-Rated motel's pool and patio in San Bernadino while traveling around during my early 20's It was "Tee Pee Motel" cause each unit was well constructed in the actual shape of Native American Tee Pee. Manager gave me a free Tee Pee whilst I performed the work. Memorable experience to say the least :eek: :D :whistling: :rofl:

That's a serious money hole! Is the term K-boat-$ when talking in millions? :eek:

Ted

That is a capital ship. I learned that years ago when a 130' boat pulled into our marina. A friend said that is a capital ship. He asked if I knew what a capital ship was. I replied that it would usually be a battle ship or aircraft carrier. He said that no it's a boat you can't operate out of income. You would have to touch the principal.:eek:

I understood that this particular boat was constructed to its present state in South America, then towed/barged to Delta for finish.

I can't remember if there are motors installed and not hooked up or no motors at all.

She is enormous.

The boat has been on their lot for a couple of years so far. I have not seen much or any activity on it and heard they were still in negotiation for completion costs etc.

I would think that having the boat sitting in your yard prior to finalizing the price to fit it out would give significant leverage to the boat yard. Delta does some pretty impressive work and could easily handle this project.

Several years ago I toured their shop where they were getting ready to launch a 130 foot beauty. They let me sit in the engine room for 30 minutes and drool. Their workmanship is really fantastic.

I will ask about it at the Seattle boat show where Delta usually has a booth.

Several years ago I toured their shop where they were getting ready to launch a 130 foot beauty. They let me sit in the engine room for 30 minutes and drool.

I know what you mean. I had a similar experience in the ER of an N-Series Great Harbour. I think the bilge pumps cycled twice..

Eric will be excited- I see a Willard peeking its bustle to the right. Bet he becomes excited over the prospect of taking on such a backyard project!! Just projecting here.
Al

Here is a little more of it. The owner did have it at home I think. It's a 1975 and if I remember correctly he has redone every thing. I think he said it's wood and he glassed over it all, I not familiar enough with these boats to know if that could be right. I will say that the boat is flawless, he's done a great job with it.

Attachments

• DSCN9920.jpg
    DSCN9920.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN9921.jpg
    DSCN9921.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 112
N47
Lots and lots of people mistake Willard's for wood boats. I hear it all the time.

Most however are taken in by the grooves molded into the hull. See pics.
But astonishingly the owner of the Willard in your picture has apparently taken them out. Looks like a smooth hull.

This old boat is stunningly beautiful and I can only imagine the work that's gone into her. I saw another Willard that was painted for $1000 per foot. I hope neither of them ever tie up next to me as mine would be considered a project boat. haha it is right now. Been sitting.

Thanks for the picture.

N47 Lots and lots of people mistake Willard's for wood boats. I hear it all the time. Most however are taken in by the grooves molded into the hull. See pics. But astonishingly the owner of the Willard in your picture has apparently taken them out. Looks like a smooth hull. This old boat is stunningly beautiful and I can only imagine the work that's gone into her. I saw another Willard that was painted for $1000 per foot. I hope neither of them ever tie up next to me as mine would be considered a project boat. haha it is right now. Been sitting. Thanks for the picture.
Wait what? :confused:

willard

Ours has the grooves as well. I'm sure it was never taken for wood though. Here is one more shot under our bow. I can see our boat reflected in the paint.

Attachments

• DSCN9924.jpg
    DSCN9924.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 100
Ours has the grooves as well. I'm sure it was never taken for wood though. Here is one more shot under our bow. I can see our boat reflected in the paint.

Many of the Willards and Fales had vertical grooves on the cabin and bridge sides to simulate staves. That fooled many people.

Don,

Mine actually had teak boards on the outside of the cabin.

Got removed when we went to Alaska.

Attachments

• willard 015 copy.jpg
    willard 015 copy.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom