Nobeltec Radar dropping signal - help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taras

Vessel Make
Currently Boatless
I have a Nobeltec Radar linked to my PC with Nobeltec software and the radar connects and then drops the signal. I've reloaded the driver, starts working again then the signal drops again....Any thoughts would be very much appreciated here.
I'm at a loss for what is going on here.

Your help appreciated,
Taras

I have a Nobeltec Radar linked to my PC with Nobeltec software and the radar connects and then drops the signal. I've reloaded the driver, starts working again then the signal drops again....Any thoughts would be very much appreciated here. I'm at a loss for what is going on here. Your help appreciated, Taras
I would check all connections at both radar scanner end, pc end, and whatever is in between for corrosion and/or wires pulling out of terminations.

Have you checked the connections. Make sure the ground/shield is still good. The connector on the back of the computer is it clean?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

I would check for low voltage or it sounds like a software issue....if it keeps loading then dropping...I doubt it's as much connections as software or a board problem.

You might also power down your ethernet hub/switch between the PC and the Radar Controller, if it is on all the time. Sometimes they run out of memory and start throwing errors. Given the cool weather, I doubt your Radar Controller is overheating, but my Nobeltec Radar drops out like that if I leave it on for more than a day or two.

After it drops, you might also ping the radar unit from the PC to see if you are still connected via the network.

Good Luck,

It is not uncommon for a PC based radar to drop out due to computer glitches. Especially if the computer is not dedicated and is used for movies, remote cameras, Sirius weather etc. This is one of the reasons a hard wired radar such as NN3 is a nice to have.

With the right instrument tech, and all connections have been externally checked, look through the input menus and disengage and re engage the radar and peripherals to reboot. This may or may not help.

I will add Trident to my electronics suite in a year or less, once the very type of glitches are resolved that you may be suffering from. Then I will pull radar through the laptop from the NN3. Trident has been configured (hopefully) to get past some of the older Nobeltec software issues.

Back
Top Bottom