Boating Tattoos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom.B

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 4200 Classic
Any of y'all got any boating tattoos? I was thinking a new tattoo would make a good winter project for me this year. The few I have now were more off-the-shelf designs. I have learned since then that they should really reflect your life or personality. I think that now, the boat has occupied enough of my life to justify it. Bess and I are both looking at a compass rose design, but since she's the First-Mate/Navigator, I might want to think of something more Captain/Engineer--- esk.

Ideas? Pictures of yours?

(drums fingers on desk in anticipation of RT Firefly is going to do something silly :angel: )

Any of y'all got any boating tattoos? I was thinking a new tattoo would make a good winter project for me this year. )

Um, perhaps a fire-breathing dragon??? (smile)

Back in my Navy days, in a drunken near stupor I almost got a tattoo. Isn't that what sailors are supposed to do? However, reason prevailed. For once.

Now, I'm the edgy one - I don't have any tats. Which makes me "different" than what seems like 75% of the population.

My grandfather, who was a China Marine, that man had some serious body art.

Real boats

Attachments

• DBF.jpg
    DBF.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 229
Back in my Navy days, in a drunken near stupor I almost got a tattoo. Isn't that what sailors are supposed to do? However, reason prevailed. For once.

Same here. Many a drunken hour in a tattoo parlor (why are they called parlors anyways?) watching my buddies get them.

Only one I've ever considered, but alas, never got.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 624
First boat was Siren but I already had the tat.

Attachments

• MTattoo.jpg
    MTattoo.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 110
Diesel Boats Forever

"Boats" meaning submarines.

Last edited:
I think a tat of an empty wallet would be appropriate!!!

Boat shaped hole?

Attachments

• boatdollars.jpg
    boatdollars.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 631
tattoos

" Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred years too late"

Lat and Long are Seattle, the one point is a different color to signify The Great Northwest and the Salish Sea is all the waters around Puget Sound, the Strait of Juan De fuca and western British Columbia. All of which are our cruising grounds.

Attachments

• DSCN9954.jpg
    DSCN9954.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 87
Nice!

The way I like to go through boats I may run out of available skin before I run out of boats. I almost got a Marquesan tat after crossing the Pacific in 1993.. never really regretted the decision.
HOLLYWOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom