Kudos to & for daddyo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gts1544

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Wanderlust
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36 Trawler
Fellow Boaters, I recently purchased an inexpensive trawler, which had some convoluted paperwork (with respect to the title, namely two other owners between myself and the person named). After foolishly consummating the deal, I realized that I was not going to be able to register the vessel with the title provided, as it had the buyer block filled out with another name. I was at a loss as to how to proceed. Then I remembered TF and DADDYO. I sent him a PM requesting his contact information, which was forthcoming immediately. I sent an e-mail delineating the problem and asked for advice. He immediately called me and we spoke for nearly 1/2 hour, with him asking questions and suggesting courses of action. I followed his advice and am pleased to report that the problem is well on its way toward resolution. I offered to pay him for his expertise, but was told that he was happy to help me out. To my way of thinking, that was service above and beyond the call. I would heartily suggest that no boat ever be purchased without a broker at least handling the paperwork. My vote goes to DADDYO!

You da man, thanks! We're all here to help each other when we can.

That's Awesome!!! :dance::dance:

Good to know there's still good people left!
Great Job daddyo:thumb::thumb:

He just helped me out too...I sent him a cahiers check for $10,000 and he PROMISED to apply that to my upcoming purchase
where he can free up a $50,000 down payment that will be credited to me in cas at settlement...:thumb:

Did I get all that correct Daddyo?...hope I didn't get it onfused with my other deal that I know it works ....cause I'm waiting on a similar situation from Raul in Zimbabwe where he could free up some cash either so I spotted him the money so we could get all the paperwork straight. :D

Kidding aside....he's a GREAT guy and broker from all that I have heard hear......would certainly trust him with my business.

1972 Gulfstar 36

Fellow Trawler Owners, (I can say that now thanks to Daddyo) My wife and I purchased a 1972 Gulfstar 36 on the upper Mississippi. We went for a sea trial, but were unable to get her south before the freeze, so she is currently on the hard, awaiting our ministrations in the late spring. She has a single Ford Lehman 120 with the standard Gulfstar 36 layout, forward V-berth / raised salon / aft cabin with head & shower. The only exception is that the starboard dinette has been eliminated and replaced with a huge freezer / refrigerator and double SS sink with loads of counter space so the galley is full span abeam just forward of the salon. I don't see a problem with having our meals up in the airy salon, rather than down in that hole where the dinette was located. We are planning to winter down in the FL Keys next year and looking forward to the adventure of getting her down there. The Great Loop is on our radar screen. Thanks again, Daddyo!

PS - ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS use a USCG Bill of Sale when purchasing a boat as it has all of the information that the USCG wants for documentation and, more importantly, it is a Federal document signed under penalty of perjury that the seller has the right and authority to sell the boat.

USCG National Vessel Documentation Center, Home Page

Attachments

• 13-11-18  Boat Winterized.jpg
    13-11-18 Boat Winterized.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 13-11-18a  Boat Winterized.jpg
    13-11-18a Boat Winterized.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Daddyo is good people, I used him for my possible purchase that fell thru (nothing to do with him) and I would not hesitate to use him again.

OK, where should I mail your checks too :)?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom