Teak OIL or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marin:
Your question as to whether or not the finerasis can be programed for use with Orcas is very interesting. After all, they are simply tooth whales, much like the porpoise.

A biologist from Scripps Institute of Oceanography (about 3 miles from my home) told me that Orcas speak an entirely different language than dolphins and different Orca pods don't even speak the same tongue. I don't know if this applies to the porpoise species but my understanding is that the finerasis only signals dolphins. Incidentally, there are no adjustable controls on the finerasis. One setting only. (factory)

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Saturday 10th of April 2010 04:44:20 PM

Okay, but I'm betting that all the members of the dolphin/porpoise/whale (cetacean order) have a common language of sorts. Like the different native tribes did up and down the PNW-BC-SE Alaska coasts. They had their own languages or dialects, but there was this "pidgin" language that was much more limited than the tribal languages but could be understood across a wide number of tribes.

So assuming this is so (perhaps your friend from Sripps can confirm this), if you could transmit the Orca's "sink whale watch boats and eat the tourists" message to the dolphins, they could in turn pass it on to the Orcas and sperm whales using "pidgin whale."

what delightfully devious minds some people have ,i'm all for feeding delicious delectable human tourists to the orcas.but then again some humans will make them ill,ie politicians.
gordon.

I had better clear this up! I've received some PM and direct e-mail relative to the authenticity of the finerasis. It's a swim ladder! The reflection you see in the water is from my boat and the boat on my port side.

Attachments

• swim ladder.jpg
    swim ladder.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 91
Bummer! This topic could have been good for a long while yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom