The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which old one?

Gilligan, Johan, or Thomsen?

Attachments

• 030310gilligan.jpg
    030310gilligan.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 66
  • das boot johan.jpg
    das boot johan.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 150
  • das boot.jpg
    das boot.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 151
Let's see how fast I can get this thread off topic.

Ginger or MaryAnn?

Innocent yet absolutely brilliant. Never offensive but not politically correct (I detest acting different to achieve that PC status).

Innocent yet absolutely brilliant. Never offensive but not politically correct (I detest acting different to achieve that PC status).

If you start a fan club; let me know. I'll send down some posters and a T shirt or something.

Actually when I see the name Name Northern Spy, one of these guys comes to mind. Just don't know which one is the Northern. :rolleyes:

spy-vs-spy1.jpg

Ted

Which old one? Gilligan, Johan, or Thomsen?

FTR I like all three of them but admit a particular liking for Thomsen. We could really derail this thread by questioning the fact that a hat is present in all 4 of your avatar choices(counting the short lived Thurston).

You changed it!!! Finally we could sleep with ease. :p :D

Greetings,
Northern Spy brings this to mind.
Northern Spy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ding, ding, ding. Give this man an ... apple!

The first Nordic Tug was called Red Apple. The original owner dove by the NT yard, saw Red Apple out front and promptly ordered a boat. He called it Northern Spy as a bit of a double entendre as it was the first Nordic Tug in Canada and he was an exploratory geologist in Northern BC.

The next two owners kept her name and so did I.

I love the name! The apple Northern Spy is from the same county in NY I am originally from, my maternal side of the family have been apple farmers for generations, and people don`t know me well think it has something to do with my American living in Canada or submariner background.

I have this botanical print on board.

Attachments

• Northern-Spy-image.jpg
    Northern-Spy-image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 104
FTR I like all three of them but admit a particular liking for Thomsen. We could really derail this thread by questioning the fact that a hat is present in all 4 of your avatar choices(counting the short lived Thurston).

Hmmmm...

I also had a Jerry Lewis crosseyed in a sailor suit (and dixie cup hat) for about an hour too.

Maybe it has something subliminally to do with male pattern baldness. It hasn't been prevalent on either side of the family, but I'm not sure about the milkman. Why? Because he wore a hat!

As I type this I do have a DeHavilland Beaver ball cap on. Coincidence? I think not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom