Helm chair with pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HyattFantail

Vessel Name
Ancient mariner
Vessel Make
Hyatt50
My wife got her garage back today, installed the new helm chair. First class chair from a Release marine, customer service was a 10.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 223
Gorgeous chair.....does the boat justice, I'd say. I'm never sure about the comfort of those ladder-backed chairs when I seen them. Is the front upholstered?

I did purchase the Aircraft Style Seat Cushions with a Tapered Rollover that are super sweet. Just can't see the covering the wood unless I'm underway, but even without seat cushions seat is very comfortable.

I need a new helm, do You now here can I find .

I need a new helm, do You now here can I find .

Alemao, I have a complete medium size fighting chair complete with gimbal, rod holders, and foot rest. It is on a pedestal base, and has a ladder back. It is made of mahogany. I will try and get pictures. I will do some research on the value if you are interested. It is in one of our offices.

Is it confortable? I'm thinking to buy a office chair and adapt.

Beware,Alameo. You will need to look long and far for an office chair with the frame and under-structure sufficient to withstand the forces of the average marine application, let alone a pedestal style of mounting. Almost any automotive seat would do better, especially with a plate reinforcement.

Phil,
That is SWEET! I love the look of your helm.
Cheers

It would probably need cushions to be comfortable as a helm chair. It is in our Signal Mtn. office, and I use it as kind of a recliner when reading over contracts or specs. There are more photos if interested.

Attachments

• Fighting Chair.jpg
    Fighting Chair.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Fighting Chair 1.jpg
    Fighting Chair 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Fighting Chair 3.jpg
    Fighting Chair 3.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom