"Show rooming" the Boat Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chuck Gould

Vessel Name
Dear Prudence
Vessel Make
Eagle 40
Everybody appreciates a "good deal". Sometimes, the best deal may not always be the absolute cheapest price. An editorial in the January issue of Pacific Nor'West Boating examines the "show rooming" phenomenon, and includes a suggestion to use on-line price quotes to get a lower price while still supporting your local maritime professionals.

Pacific Nor

Interesting. Welcome to the 'net. I always find articles like that amusing. All you have to do is stand in any home improvement store or electronics store or even Walmart and watch people do the same thing, although they're often comparing prices at other brick and mortar stores, not always online sources. After getting charged absurd, outrageous prices for years for any thing "marine" - which more and more often means little or nothing in quality or durability, I have no sympathy for those boat show vendors. In fact, the best customer service I ever had was with go2marine, online, not local or in person.

Interesting. Welcome to the 'net. I always find articles like that amusing. All you have to do is stand in any home improvement store or electronics store or even Walmart and watch people do the same thing, although they're often comparing prices at other brick and mortar stores, not always online sources. After getting charged absurd, outrageous prices for years for any thing "marine" - which more and more often means little or nothing in quality or durability, I have no sympathy for those boat show vendors. In fact, the best customer service I ever had was with go2marine, online, not local or in person.

I'll add a second to Go2marine, very helpful on the phone good prices.

I really like to use local folks but it seems they don't care half the time, the internet is a very competitive place.

In this day with the slumped ecconemy I would think the entire industry would be more consumer friendly, sadly that is not always the case, price or otherwise.

I had occasion to order some exhaust manifolds from go2 a few years back, it took a call to them as there was a issue that had to be addressed. As I am close to there corporate headquarters they actually had their courier bring them to their offices and I picked them up there. I was impressed at both how many folks worked there and their customer service.

HOLLYWOOD

Back
Top Bottom