View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #11
Richard W

City: Florida USA and Ontario Canada
Vessel Name: anytime
Vessel Model: 2007 Chaparral 270 Signature LOA 29'
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
From posts on another thread, OP prefers more light to saving amps, more info on the extra bulb fitting per CaptTom, could help. Is there a vision issue?
Link to the other more descriptive thread would be helpful.

Replacing incandescent bulbs with the LEDs not only saves energy/amps but can generate more white light with less watts ... and runs cooler too.

I have replaced all my lights/bulbs with LEDs. When I used the stronger 3.5W cool white LEDs the light was too bright. I have changed them to 2.2W warm white LEDs and the cabin is lit as it used to be with 7.0W incandescent bulbs (I think there is 7 or 9 in the cabin altogether).

Some experimentation might be required, but the OP might be well served with two strong LED equivalents ... and add one or two more. if still required, as the existing enclosure is large enough. Not much heat and fire hazard with LEDs, and the existing wiring is more than adequate for the LEDs. Adding one or two more incandescent bulbs to the existing enclosure might be more of a problem (wire rating, generated heat, etc.)