If not now, when?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
If not now, when? If not us, who?

Screw the fuel prices. Let's make this a cruising year!!

Thats the plan half the erie canal this summer

In a couple hours we plan to leave for a weekend aboard our Tolly! Been too few and far between... for toooo long!

Throughout most of 2013 our 90 yr beloved Matriarch had a fall-down accident that has required (and currently continues to need) much attention. Puts distinct damper on our ability for times out of town. She is improving!

We hope to get time for more boating in 2014. Wish us and her luck!!

We wish you all well. Have a grand weekend!
Bob & Jill

Never stopped :D

Our last cruise of 2013 was New Years' Eve, and we have a full plate for 2014!

If not now, when? If not us, who? Screw the fuel prices. Let's make this a cruising year!!
We'll be seeing you guys this summer! As for fuel we have enough to cross an ocean, not worried about that.

By the end of February all of our maintenance and upgrades should be finished. Moonstruck is scheduled to be out of the paint shop by then Here is what we have been doing and having done.

• Added the Raritan HoldnTreat system to the plumbing
  • Added Intellian I4 satalite system with new TVs
  • Added ACR to the charging system
  • All new exhaust hoses
  • New covers for Stidd seats
  • Painting the black hullsides
  • Adding a SureShade retractable top over the cockpit
  • Just received a new Weaver Hoist ordered through Hopcar. Should make lifting the dinghy a breeze.
  • Heat exchangers are still to be serviced

With Moonstruck approaching 10 years old, it was time to get the old girl back up to the latest standards. She is a joy to cruise and handle, and boy will she go.

So, early March we should be ready for some serious cruising time.

I'm with you. In 2012 we put ~165 hours on the meters. Last year just a bit over 100. This year I'm planning on 150+ again.

Life's too short to stay tied to the dock.

That's a cool solution Don :thumb:

I'll save these links for future reference as I'm kinda tired of our canvas top.

If not now, when? If not us, who?

Screw the fuel prices. Let's make this a cruising year!!

And if it makes you feel any better, here in Oz we are paying of the order of $1.73/ litre, so if you do the math as to how that equates to cost per gallon, you will find out just how lucky you are.

Last edited:
Best Wishes

In a couple hours we plan to leave for a weekend aboard our Tolly! Been too few and far between... for toooo long!

Throughout most of 2013 our 90 yr beloved Matriarch had a fall-down accident that has required (and currently continues to need) much attention. Puts distinct damper on our ability for times out of town. She is improving!

We hope to get time for more boating in 2014. Wish us and her luck!!

Understanding first hand how accidents and illness to a love one can hold you back from enjoying the boating lifestyle we send our best wishes for healthy 2014 and more boating.

John T.

And if it makes you feel any better, here in Oz we are paying of the order of $1.73/ litre, so if you do the math as to how that equates to cost per gallon, you will find out just how lucky you are.

Hey, Peter. I feel your pain at the price at the pump. My marina is at $4.09 per US gallon. I cruise with 1000 hp, so probably still total more cost. It is all relative, and probably one of the lowest expenses of the boat.

Last edited:
I hear you, amen brother! Fuel prices are coming down, not low enough but moving in the right direction. US oil production is expected to surpass Saudi Arabia's next year.

Craig, I had kinda struggled with how to cover the cockpit and still be open for fishing. A bimina with all the frames and straps is just too busy. When I saw this a light went on. Push a button and it retracts completely. Shazams!!!

Oh, and I forgot one major upgrade. A new custom innerspring mattress for the master. A good nights sleep makes me feel better about buying all that fuel.:D

In Sydney recently, at Baileys in Darling Harbor, I paid $1.66 per litre. We are linked to the Singapore "Tapis" price (why?- because it`s higher than the US barrel price). Fortunately the Lehmans don`t waste much of it, but I`d like to see it come down. As the Scots say, "a chance would be a fine thing".

Don, I'm with you. I'm still trying log that first hour. I've finally convinced the wife to sell the center console, now I'll have the cash to finish the rose. Can't wait! The all important first hour will get me to 150+

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom