New Member login

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ynot1500

Vessel Name
WESTWIND
Vessel Make
NORDHAVN 40
Hi,
I may be the newest "southernmost" member. I live on the shore of the Derwent River in Hobart , Tasmania. Just watched the winning yacht sail past home for the completion of the 2013 Sydney to Hobart sailing race.

The Trawler forum appears to be a great resource. I have travelled up most of the East Coast of Australia but concentrate my boating to the waters surrounding the State of Tasmania. I have logged 13,000 Nmiles over 5 years. Not s much as some experienced boaters, but starting to get my teeth into this long range trawler travel stuff.

Welcome aboard, you'll find a lot of friends here.

Welcome aboard. Sidney to Hobart, certainly a well know race throughout the world. And given that race's reputation I can understand where a Nordhavn would be an appropriate boat for that area.

Marty

Hi,
I may be the newest "southernmost" member. I live on the shore of the Derwent River in Hobart , Tasmania. Just watched the winning yacht sail past home for the completion of the 2013 Sydney to Hobart sailing race.

The Trawler forum appears to be a great resource. I have travelled up most of the East Coast of Australia but concentrate my boating to the waters surrounding the State of Tasmania. I have logged 13,000 Nmiles over 5 years. Not s much as some experienced boaters, but starting to get my teeth into this long range trawler travel stuff.

Whey :dance: ... we have a Tassie boy! ... finally someone to take the piss out of :rofl:

seriously tho, welcome aboard mate! ... Plenty to see and do around here :thumb:

Welcome on board mate.
You will find plenty of kindred souls here .
You live in some great cruising grounds , just a matter for we northerners to get down there.
Cheers
Benn

Tassie Boy

Whey :dance: ... we have a Tassie boy! ... finally someone to take the piss out of :rofl:

seriously tho, welcome aboard mate! ... Plenty to see and do around here :thumb:

Sorry to disappoint sandgroper, but I already have had my second head removed.
With only a 3 bladed prop as a logo I would be cautious about starting pissing matches:hide:

Sorry to disappoint sandgroper, but I already have had my second head removed.
With only a 3 bladed prop as a logo I would be cautious about starting pissing matches:hide:

hmmm pissing matches ay :confused:... righto. Well I hope you enjoy your time here anyway ynot1500.

Poor choice of words on my part.
Will we see you on the water in these parts. I went through Perth in 2009 on my way to the Kimberleys. Amazing trip but I don't think I will repeat it.:surrender::surrender:

Ynot,
When you did the Kimberleys did you do it in your N40 and go south about.
If so how long did you spend on the trip or did you do it in stages as my friends have done from the upper east coast.
1 st step Darwin, then the Kimberleys and back to Darwin, sometimes straight back to east coast or this can be a third stage.
Cheers
Benn

Hi, I may be the newest "southernmost" member. I live on the shore of the Derwent River in Hobart , Tasmania. Just watched the winning yacht sail past home for the completion of the 2013 Sydney to Hobart sailing race. The Trawler forum appears to be a great resource. I have travelled up most of the East Coast of Australia but concentrate my boating to the waters surrounding the State of Tasmania. I have logged 13,000 Nmiles over 5 years. Not s much as some experienced boaters, but starting to get my teeth into this long range trawler travel stuff.
Welcome aboard fellow Nordy owner! :thumb: ;) :D :)

Welcome aboard. Would love to see some pics of your vessel when you get time. Love those Nordy's.

I will have to figure out how to upload photos first

I was in a N55 and we went clockwise. I was board from Fremantle to Darwin

Our first Tasweigian I think, welcome aboard. TF is a great resource, and your sparring abilities will come in handy.

Photos

Welcome aboard. Would love to see some pics of your vessel when you get time. Love those Nordy's.

I compressed the photos a couple of times. Not sure if they are still too large to post.
Let me know
Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• CCCBairnsdale.jpg
    CCCBairnsdale.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 96
  • CCCclarkeCrays.jpg
    CCCclarkeCrays.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 93
  • CCCLordHowe.jpg
    CCCLordHowe.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 90
  • CCCOperahouse.jpg
    CCCOperahouse.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 92
  • CCC-VDLC2011 GORDON.jpg
    CCC-VDLC2011 GORDON.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 78
Greetings,
Belated welcome aboard. I don't like you already but the "crays" are another matter altogether.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom