Fast Dissolving TP or Not??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can pee (# 1) all you want when swimming... taint no one gonna know! On a boat: Dry butt, comfortable throne, holding tank, and marine TP - for # 2. Least that’s how I see it. Just sayen!

Attachments

• image-3066138791.jpg
    image-3066138791.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 86
You can pee (# 1) all you want when swimming... taint no one gonna know! On a boat: Dry butt, comfortable throne, holding tank, and marine TP - for # 2. Least that’s how I see it. Just sayen!

Yes indeed Art. The 'p' is silent in psea bathing...

I read Peggie Hall's advice years ago and have been using single ply Scotts brand toilet paper without issue for ten years or so.

I've heard of people bagging used toilet paper, I even have a friend who used to do it. That's pretty gross and I wouldn't do it myself or ask anyone else to do it.

I do keep small plastic baggies and paper bags for female guests who might be using products that can't be flushed. Put it in the plastic baggie, zip it shut, then put the plastic baggie in the paper bag and close it with a rubber band, then put it in the trash.

At my age, I seldom have guests with that problem and when I do, my wife gives them instructions.

I sold that stuff for 25 yrs..it does dissolve much better and the cheap single ply stuff will not...it is like newsprint and will eventually give u grief. I suppose I will try the scotts brand mentioned above but the head is definitely an area I don't want to do a rebuild in so I am a little nervous

there is no excuse for the higher rv paper price tho...thats just a scam

For young grand kids - Below age 10 - I tell em to use as little marine TP as possible and to NOT flush! Aboard boat, for them (and them only! lol) I am Pop Art - Grand Dad "The Great Flusher" and will tend to the toilet after they have completed - just tell me! :dance:

For everyone else - Use little TP as possible and flush between swipes if necessary. In other words... "Take care of your own shite"... And, for God sake don't plug the toilet! :nonono:

Last edited:
One more bit of advice:

Don't take a dump, wipe, and immediately try to pump your holding tank. Give the paper and "logs" time to dissolve first.

This thread has simply gone to the shittttssss! :facepalm: :eek:

Any Britis here old enough to remember Bronco tp? Rough on one side, shiny on the other and seemingly non-absorbent, it was markedly similar to the wax paper used for cooking. I hate to think what a mess that stuff would make in a marine toilet. FWIW: A very similar tp was found in British government bathrooms. It had a little printed rectangle on the corner - reportedly so that each sheet could be ticked after use!

Any Britis here old enough to remember Bronco tp? Rough on one side, shiny on the other and seemingly non-absorbent, it was markedly similar to the wax paper used for cooking.
Reminds me of a very old and non PC joke about John Wayne TP.

And I bet it doesn't stink either.....

Well, in the too much information mode: There are some Spanish ladies I've met who feed their kids a teaspoon of peppermint oil on Saturday night. That way in church on Sunday the gas will smell minty fresh.

I wonder if that works with Peppermint Schnapps? I just made a batch so will let you know in six months. If you're curious that is... and around this crowd that may just be a given.

Signed, Anonymous.

Back
Top Bottom