radar for tablet or laptop.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eseyoung

Does anyone make a radar dome that interfaces with a tablet or, less than ideal, a laptop? I search both the forum and Google but the most recent time this was addressed (that I found) was over 2 years ago. Seems like it would be doable either with blue tooth or even with usb.

Radar is able to be used with several laptop/desktop programs...pretty sure Nobeltec has had one for a decade now.

Radar Software Features

Radar is able to be used with several laptop/desktop programs...pretty sure Nobeltec has had one for a decade now.

Nobeltec's Koden re-branded radar simply requires an Ethernet connection to work with a PC, so would work with a Laptop. Simrad and others also make Tablet Apps that mimic the display from their Mutlti Function Displays, so could be used to display radar information, but you would have to still have a fully functional MFD and Radar.

Good Luck,

Radar Software Features

Nobeltec is software you load on to your PC. I bought the ungrade which includes AIS and also radar for 199.00. However, I think its only works with thier radar domes? I bought the up grade for the AIS. I been using Nobeltex for 10+ years a very satisfied.

As I answered yes...it is being done...you can also buy a Garmin radome and get it to work with OpenCPN....two options and a couple months back I linked a totally PC based RADAR system where you buy the dome and software...couldn't find it as quickly this time or I would post it.

I would like to see one In lieu of a mfd. An ipad is larger, has more processing power, memory, can connect directly to the net, serve as a plotter, replacement is as simple as going to walmart. I guess what I am saying is that a tablet (Droid or ios) can do everything an mfd can do, better, all for a fraction of the cost of a mfd.

And I can play angry birds. What more could anyone want?

The real question is why has no one made it yet? The noble tech stuff is the closest thing but as I understand the interface is with the mfd. Not directly with the radar

The noble tech stuff is the closest thing but as I understand the interface is with the mfd. Not directly with the radar

Nobletec is PC based software. It interfaces directly with the radar controller. There is no MFD needed.

For your information, Big Bay Technologies (BigBay Technologies | Big Bay Technologies) has been in the business of supplying a PC solution for marine navigation for many years. If you want to avoid buying a mfd they may have a solution.

Ron

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom