Galaxy Tab vs BlueChart app

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Portuguese

Guru
Vessel Name
Rainha Jannota
Vessel Make
Curruira 46
Dear sailors
Are any of you guys using BlueChart with a Samsung Tab? Is Navionics compatible with this Tab? I just got one for Christmas and I am about to send my I-Pad III to the trash can as this one is a lot better equipment a user friendlier!

Happy New Year

The latest I heard, Garmin Bluechart was iPad/Apple compatible only. The Navionics is android compatible, but the cost rises for the tablet version. I'm playing with a few including NOAA, Marine Navigation, Polaris and Plan2Nav. Some might be limited to USA coverage.

I have installed the Navionics Marine & Lakes HD app on my Nexus 7. Cost was less than $60 and includes access to off line charts for all the US and Canada. You do need to be online to initially download your specific cruising areas but once accomplished you don't need internet or 3G access to use the app. I have downloaded the entire west coast, San Diego to Skagway.

The app is good with nice charts. It doesn't have a very good route utility and of course it doesn't interface with my autopilot or with AIS. Great back up if the nav computer failed but not a substitute for Coastal Explorer.

Dear sailors
Are any of you guys using BlueChart with a Samsung Tab? Is Navionics compatible with this Tab? I just got one for Christmas and I am about to send my I-Pad III to the trash can as this one is a lot better equipment a user friendlier!

Happy New Year

We have plan2nav (vector charts) and MX Mariner (raster) on our Tab 3.

Jeppesen's app is free; you pay for the charts you want. MX Mariner is a very inexpensive app ($6 US?, something like that), and does have Brazilian charts...

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom