Vacu-Flush Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
I didn't want to steal a thread as the OP was talking about a pligged head.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s31/how-unplug-vacu-flush-2814.html

Just about to the point to call a serviceman.

Just to refresh:

Had to remove aft head to fix a water leak. I did seperate the bowl from the stand.

Sytem would pump up and both heads would flush as advertized. After system would pump up and shut off, about 3 minutes later it would start pumping for about 20 seconds or so and continue this cycle.

So far I have:

•Replaced bowl seal
•Replaced all 4 duck bills
•Checked all connections for leaks (with shaving cream)

So any further ideas?

Vacuum switch? I've replaced mine before.

Ruben may be on the right track. It sounds like a vacuum leak and there is a rubber diaphragm in the vacuum switch that can fail and leak. You haven't mentioned checking that yet.

I put a new "switch" but did not replace the entire assembly. Someone also suggested to pull the aft head and cap the hose and see if the problem disappears. I will try that this weekend. I have also ordered a maintanence kit from Fisheries that has the vacuum gage in it, so I can trouble shoot. It was actually cheaper than ordering just the gage and it gives me some spare parts when cruising.

Will keep you all updated.

Install a timer switch at each head that will allow the system to operate for , say 2 min.

Twist it on before using the head , walk away and the system complexity wont eat your house batts.

Well after some issues with broke parts, I found the leak in a 30' hose going from the vacuum tank to the aft head....check out the blog for pics...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom