Dig a hole in the water and Surf.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reminds me of the old college days of surfing the coal barges in Pittsburgh. We used kayaks, not surfboards. You could easily ride one from lock to lock. It was always fun to be able to catch back too.

We once spent cocktail hour on the flying bridge in the Port Jefferson, Long Island harbor watching kids do this - pretty entertaining. They started around our boat until we applauded then moved off and circled another anchored boat. That captain started yelling at them to go away... guess where they stayed and played.

Dave

Reminds me of when I was a kid learning to sail. The Coast Guard had a seaplane base near by. When a plane was going to take off it would taxi slowly out the channel to more open water. As it taxied past us, we would sail behind it and either go like hell or capsize in the prop blast. Great fun!

The Tahitians "surf" their little outrigger canoes for miles that way. They use a boat wake to help travel between islands, and in the lagoon at Bora Bora they are like pilotfish behind the cruise ship tenders.

Back
Top Bottom